Extended warranties

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Tue Mar 13 2012, 03:45pm

Member No: #1
mark28 wrote ...

Been offered a Citroen extension and also told they will not be offering the policies on C6 cars after the end of March 2012 !

Now why doesn't that surprise us............
Website
theguardian   
Tue Mar 13 2012, 07:06pm
Member No: #645
This is down right disgusting how can say they wont extend warranties when most of these problems are down to poor manufacturing & faulty parts.
I'm glad I'm talking to Citroen about mine cos there was no way I could afford the sort of money it took to repair mine at 6.9k and with the amount of problems other c6 owners are having with their cars I think we should start a online petition about are disgust at there poor customer service to owners of their flagship model I think if you buy a quality car at a quality price then you should not expect these sort of problems on so many cars or am i expecting too much from my car and yours
I wanted to keep my car for five years + at least I'm now thinking three years may be a better option
Dapprman   
Tue Mar 13 2012, 07:24pm
Member No: #710
mark28 wrote ...

Been offered a Citroen extension and also told they will not be offering the policies on C6 cars after the end of March 2012 !

I might have to give Sportif a shout then, was hoping I might be able to extend mine in December
mark28   
Tue Mar 13 2012, 10:10pm
Member No: #102
This only related to the official Citroen one. We will still be able to buy others . Yes it is poor service , but with the exception of one garage , in my opinion it's par for the course .
BruceB   
Wed Mar 14 2012, 02:34pm
Member No: #234
Oh dear. As someone who is still scouting for a C6 that fits my bill, this news comes as an immense concern. Having haunted this forum for some 18 months, I am increasingly worried about the footling reliability issues you keep reporting, that really have no place on something that masquerades as a luxury vehicle.

It's telling that I would unhesitatingly consider buying another Saab, despite that company having nosedived into oblivion, but suffer from second and third thoughts about buying a car built by a company that still exists. I really cannot contemplate buying a car which might spend weeks off the road while parts are (or, possibly, are not) delivered, at prohibitive costs of repair.
mark28   
Wed Mar 14 2012, 02:54pm
Bruce I love and loathe my car in equal measure . If I knew what I know now I would buy something else
Dan595   
Wed Mar 14 2012, 05:28pm
Member No: #299
I bought a lifetime 'My Vehicle Warranty' (Autoguard) at the end of last year when my five year Citroen warranty expired - didn't continue with the official warranty as I was over the mileage limit (I think you have to be under 75,000 miles) and it was looking expensive. For 'My Vehicle Warranty' you need to be under 80,000 at commencement.

Anyway, my n/s/r window regulator exploded in dramatic fashion yesterday (almost called 999) and I took the car into the main dealer. Today they rang me with a price - I made one quick call to Autoguard, gave them the details, they rang the garage and approved it - all within 30 minutes. So a big thumbs-up so far.

But a thumbs-down for Citroen, who can't get the part until next week.

It's the first significant problem I've had in 80,000 miles driving (2.2 manual).
verycleverman   
Wed Mar 14 2012, 05:32pm
Member No: #65
BruceB wrote ...

It's telling that I would unhesitatingly consider buying another Saab, despite that company having nosedived into oblivion,

By the time Saab breathed its last, it was hardly a Saab anyway. Besides which, having owned a '900' back in the '80s, I would never touch another Saab again. It wasn't so much the Kamikazi turbo lag as the way it would leap across half a lane on the motorway when overtaking a lorry. As soon as you crossed the bow wave the whole car would jump. Oblivion is the best place for it!

Pete.
theguardian   
Wed Mar 14 2012, 06:37pm
hi all after the post on tue 13th ref Citroen not extending there warranties for c6s from the end of march I spoke to Citroen hq today and after a long phone call and a lot of back & forth I got a extended warranty out of them free of charge they call it as an act good will.

I call it to get rid of me off the phone asap they really don't want to talk to you about the car they call their flagship don't get me wrong I'm glad I've got my car back working as it should but I'm sorry I've seen better customer service at a morgue they just don't care what problems you've had just get rid as quick as you can after today I'm going to keep my C6 for shortest time possible and go where your custom seems to matter now where that may be god knows
C6Dave   
Wed Mar 14 2012, 07:29pm

Member No: #1
theguardian wrote ...

............after today I'm going to keep my c6 for shortest time possible and go where your custom seems to matter now where that may be god knows

Good luck wherever you end up............
Website
mark28   
Wed Mar 14 2012, 07:33pm
Lexus or Mercedes would be my suggestion . All cars go wrong but hear two know how to deal with customers when they do IMHO
theguardian   
Wed Mar 14 2012, 08:09pm
guy please dont take this the wrong way im sounding off cos Citroen hq could'nt give a monkeys about the problems with the car or the length of time it took to fix it seemed to me (well the cars fixed now so sod off & dont bother us)
theres no way i could treat people like that not when you spend 30k with them
and talking banging your head against a brick wall. and i asked if i had more problems with the car within the warranty what would they do ? they would have to look at it on its own merit what sort of answer is that
this is something you dont want to hear when there has been 6.9k spent on repairs with lab/part in the last month
ok yeah i got an extended warranty but what sort it will it be who knows this is why i will keep the C6 until its payed for then its down the rd the c6 is my fifth new car and i have never been treated like this with any of them ? Citroen hq need to do a lot of work on their customer service
regards ron
Dapprman   
Wed Mar 14 2012, 08:35pm
Dapprman wrote ...

mark28 wrote ...

I might have to give Sportif a shout then, was hoping I might be able to extend mine in December

Well I rang Sportiff and it was the first they'd heard of it so they'll let me know tomorrow what the situation is.
Dapprman   
Wed Mar 14 2012, 08:38pm
mark28 wrote ...

Lexus or Mercedes would be my suggestion . All cars go wrong but hear two know how to deal with customers when they do IMHO

I can introduce you to some one on the MX5 email list who would seriously disagree over Mercedes, especially after an engine blew on his just after a service. He's stated he's never go back to that marque again.
mark28   
Wed Mar 14 2012, 09:04pm
Well as far as Merc goes I have a 16 year old SL which recently had a gear box fault . The car has a full Merc service history and as such they contributed 85% of the cost . They normally stand by their product and in all my dealings with them over the last 10 years I have never been disappointed. I love my C6 when it works and nothing looks like it but the last 11 months have been a disappointment and very frustrating . The car is made with a few poor parts and they really let it down . Mercedes went through a bad patch trying to build a car to a price . Over the last few years they have reverted to building a quality product that is tested to high standards . If Citroen had done this with the C6 they it would not have been such a delicate beast .
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club