C6 Depollution system failure

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
SGC   
Wed Oct 17 2012, 11:17pm
Member No: #1062
gmerry wrote ...

Not sure why you would add an additive. Citroen FAP system already has one (on every C6 diesel).

On the Fuel Filter thing, how does the garage know it doesnt need to be changed? Just curious

Not sure

He told me upon visual inspection it didn't need changed. Is this possible? (Didn't challenge him - hmmm)
cruiserphil   
Thu Oct 18 2012, 07:48am

Member No: #38
SGC,

Is the depollution system failure message on a while or since it was serviced? The reson why I ask is that normally two sensors have to be unplugged to change the air filter. If these are not connected correctly you will get the message. This happened to me when I forgot to put the plug back on one sensor.

I agree with G on the fuel filter. You would need to open up the housing to inspect it and then it would seem a waste not to change it anyway.

Regards,

Phil C.
SGC   
Thu Oct 18 2012, 08:44pm
Member No: #1062
Hi Phil,

Yeah the message had been on for a while. Previous garage told me it would clear itself over time as the particulate burned off.

Might have to download a manual and search for the sensors.

With the filter I think it had been missed off the service. They had quoted me a price to service the car and fit a drop link, upon further inspection it needed two links but they didn't charge me any more.

Scott
cruiserphil   
Fri Oct 19 2012, 08:45am

Member No: #38
Scott,

The fact that there is a fault message means that there should be specific fault information available for interrogation by Lexia that might lead to a specific component.

Regards,

Phil C.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club