Sammy's C6 nicknamed Jax

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Tue Feb 12 2013, 07:43am

Member No: #1
smihaialex wrote ...

I am now absolutely sure that it was the fuel... The intriguing part of the experience however is this: how can bad fuel and a partially clogged fuel filter cause the "turbo pressure too high" error?!?

Sam

The monitoring system is very complex and it's sometimes hard to know exactly where an error message originates from.

As long as the car is OK now don't worry about it, just enjoy driving the C6
Website
smihaialex   
Tue Feb 12 2013, 10:57am
Member No: #1031
Thanks Dave, I will do just that!

Sam
smihaialex   
Fri Feb 22 2013, 11:47am
Hi there,

Quick update...

Took Jax to the shop on Tuesday for:
- fuel filter replacing
- gearbox-oil change
- cam belt kit replacing (incl. water pump)
- accessories belt kit replacing (alternator belt kit), and
- a small problem with the speed limiter - it won't engage - instead of listing my previously selected speed limit - 60 Kph, or the default 30 Kph, it shows three flashing lines --- and it won't engage, even though cruise control works perfectly - has anyone ever had that?!? What could it be?!?

That would have completed my to do list for technical problems and hopefully I would have been worry free for 1-2 years, except for fuel, windscreen fluid, tyres and regular servicing.

However, even though I was supposed to get the car on Wednesday, or Thursday at the latest, as it turns out, in the service shop's Citroën Distribution Tool Kit the sync tool for the 2.7 V6 HDi is missing and they cannot proceed...

No chance of me getting the car today, as yesterday I was there and no progress had been made - it seems that no one in Romania has this tool... They had also asked other Citroën & Peugeot dealers & service shops... I suggested that they also ask Jaguar, Land Rover & Ford dealers, but I'm not hoping for any better results...

Will keep you posted!

Thanks,
Sam

smihaialex   
Sat Feb 23 2013, 12:57am
Another quick update: they found the required tool so by Monday/Tuesday most of Jax's work should be done...

Regarding the Speed Limiter, they seem to have identified the culprit as the accelerator pedal, and the brake pedal sensor & cable... However, I find it hard to believe.

Why?

My reasoning is simple... The Cruise Control is working and it also relies on the brake and accelerator pedals...

I don't know. What do you think?!? I mean it's a 3-400 GBP operation, so I wouldn't want to authorize it, only to later find that it was completely useless

Cheerios,
Sam
C6Dave   
Sat Feb 23 2013, 07:39am

Member No: #1
Brake pedal switch issues are common and only costs £30 for the parts and 15 minutes to replace.........
Website
smihaialex   
Sat Feb 23 2013, 06:41pm
True Dave! However, in Ro it's more like 50 quid, but the bummer is the accelerator pedal which costs 250 quid to replace...

Still, a small price to pay for having my dream car fully functional

Thank you,
Sam

Hattershaun   
Sun Feb 24 2013, 06:20am
Member No: #320
I'd suggest changing the brake pedal switch and seeing if this fixes the speed limiter.
If you do need an accelerator pedal, I have a spare one which you could have for significantly less than the cost of a new one.
smihaialex   
Sun Feb 24 2013, 08:53am
Thanks Shaun,

Will call the service first thing Monday morning, and suggest that they only order the brake pedal switch

Cheerios,
Sam
smihaialex   
Tue Feb 26 2013, 10:53pm
Another quick update: Still haven't gotten Jax back... Just like last Wednesday became Thursday, then Thursday became Friday, and Friday became Monday, now Monday has become Tuesday, and Tuesday has become Wednesday... Seems like forever. Hate this feeling of not knowing, of not being able to rely on their estimates and what they're actually doing. I'm tellin' ya, part of this marque's bad reputation is due to poor service shops... There's a sayin' that goes: "people won't remember what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel" and I think it applies perfectly here... I mean, I'm sure that eventually they'll be doing a pretty decent job, but the eventually part really bothers me... Hopefully, by the end of the week, I will have my car back and finally be able to enjoy driving it again.

Cheerios,
Sam
smihaialex   
Fri Mar 01 2013, 10:44pm
Got my car Yesterday morning...

Loooooooovin' it!

New distribution and accessories (alternator) kits featuring belts, rollers, tensioners and water-pump, new gearbox fluid, new fuel filter, gave it the full service eco-wash in and out, filled her up w premium 55 cetane diesel... The car rides, sounds and feels awesome! Wouldn't want get out from behind the wheel...

Mention: I saw the old parts - they didn't look bad at all... I mean I don't know if one could tell, but compared to some other parts that they've taken off the car during this 'restoration' process, the rollers, tensioners and water pump looked great, and the belts didn't look bad either... Beginning to wonder if I shouldn't have waited a little bit more before doing this?!? But when I see how well it drives, I stop wondering

Question: how do you tell if you need new spheres - does the suspension feel softer, waftier? Or does it feel more rigid, harder, bouncier? - like when you lift the car up to the mid or max positions?!?

Cheers,
Sam over and out
smihaialex   
Fri Mar 15 2013, 02:27pm
I don't quite know how this happened, but the other day I found the rear bumper chrome ornament undone on the right side (from the middle to the right end, but the middle and the end were stil sticking)... No sign of impact, no nothing... My guess is that while the car was in shop after the red Seat Ibiza incident, and they had to repaint the rear bumper, they took the chrome ornament off, but didn't replace the two sided adhesive tape that fixes it in place... Just a theory

Anyways, I managed to take it off the car (very carefull operation, because the darn thing is very easily breakable), then I took off the two sided adhesive tape that was on it and that had lost most of its adhesive (the hardest part of the job - tried the hot air blower - nothing, tried a solvent - nothing, finally managed to take it off mechanically using a precision knife and an old credit card), then applied new double sided adhesive tape (the higher quality, thinner and narrower type so that I could fit it better to the curved inside of the ornament), and then put it back on the car.

It looks spot on, although I must confess that, despite my best efforts, I have put a thin crack on the lower edge of the ornament while taking it off the car...

Anyways, much better than before... I am happy!

Still no progress on the accelerator pedal, the brake sensor (for the speed limiter), and the driver-side headlight - the service shop will call me when the parts arrive... I have a feeling that they have in fact arrived today (if not even Tuesday), but I won't call to rush them because I'm a bit short on disposable income

However, it seems that disabling the directional headlights has stopped the driver-side headlight from going off and on intermitently, so, although I am not happy about crippling Jax, it seems like a sensible solution until I manage to get my finances sorted, wouldn't you agree?!?

Thank you.

Fruit loops,
Sam

Pappnase   
Fri Mar 15 2013, 07:34pm
Member No: #1044
Sam,
I may not have read everything carefully, but did your headlight also go on/off when in "on"-position, that is, not via the light sensor? Mine tends to flicker sometimes. When I switch to "on", it has never done this yet. Some people say it were a well known COM2000 issue but I am not convinced. Will have to read the error journal, but it is too cold outside.
Papp
smihaialex   
Fri Mar 15 2013, 11:53pm
Hmmmmm... Haven't tried that yet, Papp

Will try and let you know, but shouldn't both headlights go off if somehow the light sensor was faulty, or at least involved (just asking)?!? The fact that only the driver's side headlight does this makes me think it's something not related to the light sensor... However, this car has defied logic before, so I will be sure to try and post back

Thank you,
Sam

PS: if it were that COM2000 issue - what would fixing it involve?!?
smihaialex   
Wed Mar 20 2013, 03:55pm
According to the swatches (samples) on c6owners Jax's colour should be Gris Thorium Metalisé, although initially I had described it as being Gris Fer...

However, later discovered evidence made me think that I was actually right with my first option. Even doing a Google Image Search seems to prove my initial choice as being the right one

Cheerios,
Sam

PS: I've also updated my signature :P
BruceB   
Wed Mar 20 2013, 04:59pm
Member No: #234
smihaialex wrote ...

According to the swatches (samples) on c6owners Jax's colour should be Gris Thorium Metalisé, although initially I had described it as being Gris Fer...

You can identify the colour from the four-letter code on the sticker by the driver's door hinge, the one that also shows the ORGA number and the recommended tyre-pressures.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club