Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Hattershaun   
Wed Mar 20 2013, 06:12pm
Member No: #320
BruceB wrote ...

smihaialex wrote ...

According to the swatches (samples) on c6owners Jax's colour should be Gris Thorium Metalisé, although initially I had described it as being Gris Fer...

You can identify the colour from the four-letter code on the sticker by the driver's door hinge, the one that also shows the ORGA number and the recommended tyre-pressures.

This information can also be found on the Citroen Service website,

Enter the VIN number, then select 'characteristics' from the vertical menu on the left hand side of the screen.

Here's an example, I've deleted some of the info, as much more is available;

Vehicle characteristics
Vehicle family C6
AS RPO No 10606 CJ 3 0039
PAINT TYPE METALLIC PAINTWORK
BODY COLOUR KKQ - PAINT DEEP RED

The RP (or ORGA) number is used to calculate the build date, there are plenty of conversion calculators on the internet to find the actual date, there is one on this site - Click Here -
C6Dave   
Wed Mar 20 2013, 07:48pm

Member No: #1
Paint 'Deep Red' may appear as something else depending on which language it's looked at in.......
Website
smihaialex   
Wed Mar 20 2013, 08:24pm
Member No: #1031
Yes! Gris Fer it is, or Iron Grey in English

And it was built on the 18th of September 2006, then bought & registered on the 6th of March 2007, which means it has just turned 6 (from 1st registration) a couple of weeks ago

On a side note, the characteristics on the Citroën Service website lists it as having had the 18" San Marino alloys w 245/45 R18 tyres (or Roccastrada as you might know them), which probably means that the 1st owner must have gotten the 17" alloys for winter use, then, most likely sold the 18" alloys prior to selling the car on the 17"s w winter tyres...

And on another sidenote, upon my headlight troubles, I had disabled the directional feature, but then, after @Papp's suggestion I enabled it again, and surprise... it seems to be fixed (knock on wood)...

Cheerios,
Sam
citrof   
Sun Mar 24 2013, 09:16am
Member No: #1166
I have a question related to the interior, the problem you mentioned:

B pillar ornament: where the seatbelt height adjustment setting is, needed replacing as the cloth trim was damaged by the seatbelt rubbing against it

Could your Citroen dealer easily repair that? Or did you do that yourself and commanded the tissue yourself? I have the same problem.
Thanks,
Hans
smihaialex   
Sun Mar 24 2013, 10:57pm
@citrof: I ordered the replacement - a Citroën original part, but I didn't order it from Citroën, but from a specialized shop (it was 85€ or something like that instead of 200€ from Citroën directly) and then had it installed at my Citroën dealer & service shop (didn't install it myself, because the car was in shop for bigger repairs and they did it all, and it ended up not costing me that much for this speciffic job - in fact, I think that even though I hadn't bought the interior ornament & the steering wheel buttons from them, they installed them for free, because of the impressive list of repairs that I had done directly through them) - it is quite spotless - perfect - you would never guess that it had been replaced - simply perfect

Hope this helps...

Cheerios,
Sam
citrof   
Mon Mar 25 2013, 07:29am
Member No: #1166
ok, thanks! Do you know the name/website of the specialized shop?
Hans
smihaialex   
Wed Mar 27 2013, 09:17am
@citrof: the shop is In Garaj - Click Here - which as you might have guessed translated literally means "in garage" (this is the one I got my Citroën original B-pillar interior trim replacement) and another one would be Al Padrino - Click Here - (the one where I got my Citroën original steering wheel buttons), both legit Romanian auto parts stores and websites.

If you want, I'm sure that you can write them an email and provide your VIN and they will give you a quote and you might get them to ship the replacement part to you.

FYI, just in case they try something funy, the B-pillar interior trim ornament was 307 lei (RON, Romanian currency), which is the exact equivalent of 70 EUR or 61 GBP (and 3-4 times less than Citroën would have charged me, as I also had them make a quote), and the steering wheel buttons were 507 lei (RON), which is the exact equivalent of 117 EUR or 101 GBP (and it is less than half of what Citroën whould have charged me).

Also, if you contact them and they tell you that it is not possible to ship the parts your way or are reluctant to give you a quote or any other issues like that, I would be more than happy to help you out, but let's try it directly first

Cheerios,
Sam

On an unrelated note, funny story...

I showed my six to Bobby - one of my American friends who used to live in Bucharest, but now has moved back to the States, and I was simply delighted to see how much he liked it...

At the time he was driving an Audi A6 also powered by a turbo-diesel V6 (which he sold just before moving back to the States), and even though he is far to decent of a person to say something like this, I did feel that he genuinely liked the C6 a hell of a lot more than the A6

I mean, you must admit that there is something disturbingly American about the C6 - the avangarde design, the floaty ride, the sheer size of the thing, while still providing the sort of European finesse and style (especially in the interior) that most cars across the ocean simply lack...

Again, I was delighted to see how much he actually liked it Especially so, since the only other American that ever saw my C6 was a fashion show editor and producer, now living in Paris who simply hated it... He said, and I quote: "I hate all Citroëns, old and new, in particular, and all French cars, in general... I like German and Japanese cars - they're sexy!" probably referring to Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi and Lexus :P

Cheers y'all,
Sam
smihaialex   
Wed Apr 10 2013, 09:58am
Hi there,

Been to Dublin Wed to Sat last week - lovely city, lovely people, great sense of humour... I would definitely consider living there for a couple years or so (if only they wouldn't be driving on the wrong side of the road, so that I could bring my Jax with me )...

In other news, finally came into some expendable cash, so I had the right hand side mirror glass, the accelerator pedal and the brake pedal contact replaced, so now my baby is fully functional (before, the speed limiter wasn't working and the electrochromatic function of the mirror was working on and off).

I also ordered the 18" Roccastrada alloys (also known as the San Marino in other countries) and some 245/45 R18 Kumho KU39 Ecsta LE Sport 100Y tyres, so I will fit my summer wheels sometime next week

Can't wait...

Thank you.

Cheerios,
Sam
smihaialex   
Fri Apr 12 2013, 07:55pm
Got my tyres delivered today... 245/45ZR18 100Y of pure awesomeness... Tomorrow I'm gettin' my brand new TPMS Siemens VDO sensors and then it's just a short wait until the alloys get to the Citroen Service Shop...

On another note: my A/C seems to not be workin' - the A/C compressor doesn't start, thus the air that's gettin' inside is the same temp as the one outside... Had this happen to my C4 once - then it was the A/C gas pressure being too low - they re-gassed th A/C circuit and everything was fine - hope it's the same now, otherwise, I'm [%*^#@!] (pardon my French) - SWMBO will literally kill me for getting 18" alloys instead of getting the A/C in order

What do you think?!?

Thank you,
Sam
smihaialex   
Tue Apr 16 2013, 06:18pm
18 inch Roccastrada/San Marino alloys + new TPMS sensors + new summer tyres - Done!
A/C - Done!

The new wheels look & feel amazing I don't know, but while the Citroën technician was registering the new TPMS sensors I saw that my car was already set to 18" wheels (245/45R18) and the car does feel better with these wheels on - better suspension - sharper steering - crisper overall feel - even bumps and potholes feel better - is it possible that everything - from suspension to braking, to steering adjusts slightly if you program your cars wheels to 225/55R17 instead of 245/45R18?!?

On another note: even though the sensors were not programmed/stored, the car recognized them from the first second - the technitian told me that it is a built in feature and that normally the car should program itself, without Lexia/Diagbox intervention, but that there is the possibility that while this process is ongoing there might be some errors reading the pressure

As for the A/C - my hunch was correct - it needed re-gassing - there was no Freon in there whatsoever Hope there are no leaks :P

That's it from me, here are some pics...

Cheerios,
Sam

smihaialex   
Mon Apr 29 2013, 10:54pm
While changing the wheels, I had noticed the rear rubber suspension limiter buffers also needed to be replaced... In fact, one was gone alltogether - all that was left was the support rubber nipple (the left one, I think), and the other one, the right one, was severely damaged, so I had them both replaced for ~£20...

Cheers,
Sam
smihaialex   
Fri Aug 02 2013, 03:18pm
Great news: Climate Control finally fixed!!!

Issue: blowing in air from the outside on the passenger side, causing inability to set the temperature...

Solution: a Citroën original repair kit featuring 2 air flow flaps - a grey one and a blue one, both semicircular fitted with rubber blades, plus the small electric motor that controls them, all co-branded Visteon. On my car one of the flaps was broken and the motor, though not burned out, didn't move the flaps correctly - didn't stop in the correct position(s)...

Price: £130 OEM parts, £ 150 labour, which I found a bit on the expensive side, but considering that the whole dash as well as the center console and steering wheel have to come of for this, no comment

Current status: OK! All systems GO!

Cheerios,
Sammy

PS: there's also a dedicated thread for this called 'A/C Question', and seeing that out of the +/- 20 C6s in Romania, mine, plus another three were booked for this fix, you might want to keep an eye on this
smihaialex   
Sat Aug 10 2013, 09:14am
So, as all of you who have been watching my thread know, one last issue that I was having lately was the left hand side light that was going out while turning corners with directional headlights option enabled...

Well, after countless inquiries about this issue to my Citroën Service, resulting in no action taken by them whatsoever, yeaterday I fixed it myself and in the process replaced the bulbs with brand new Osram Xenarc Silverstars

More details in the 'Replacing HID bulb' thread...

So, anyways, between finally fixing the A/C last week and now the headlights, I'm super excited and happy to announce that Jax is at 100% again... Yaaay!

Peace out,
Sammy
smihaialex   
Mon Nov 25 2013, 04:16pm
It's time to once again update my Six's thread...

A lot has happened since my last update.

1st, my suspension HP pump failed. There had been some earlier warning signs that the pump was slightly malfunctioning, the main one being that the car would never update its height on unlocking from the remote control. Just before failing, the HP pump overheated and melted its power connector.

The good news is that I had the HP pump replaced with a brand new OEM unit, and also replaced the power connector with an OEM one that came of a write-off C6. The new HP pump is slightly redesigned so I also needed to have a connected suspension pipe replaced with a new OEM part to match the new pump.

In the process, the LDS was also entirely replaced.

2nd, there was a small coolant leak caused mainly by the pipe attached to the thermostat casing which had a crack in it. It also got replaced with a brand new OEM part, and just to be safe, I've also had the thermostat casing o-ring seals replaced.

And, just like when replacing the HP pump, the LDS was replaced, when replacing this pipe and the o-ring seals, the coolant fluid was also replaced.

But it wasn't all smooth - the douchebag mechanic that worked on my car incorrectly assembled the throttle air intake pipe, so when I first got my car back there was no power on tap and there was a lot of black smoke coming from the exhaust - so much so that the DPF got clogged almost instantly. I took the car back, they immediately fixed it, then I filled her up with premium diesel and took it on the motorway for some 100 miles or so. The DPF regen worked like a charm.

So now, the car is once again back to its glorious & splendid self.

I will however change service shops. I had tolerated several minor mistakes so far, but this one was just a bit too hard to swallow...

Anyways, once I got my car back, to celebrate, I cleaned the engine, the engine bay and the accessories belt with a special engine and transmission spray as there was LDS everywhere, and then updated the front parking and sidelights, as well as the rear license plate lights to Philips BlueVision W5W bulbs, for that modern bright white look.

There's still a couple of outstanding items... Three (3) to be more precise.

1st, the rear right hand side taillight is cracked - I accidentally cracked it myself with a tennis racquet, and will replace it ASAP with a brand new OEM unit.

2nd, there's an outstanding error in Diagbox/Lexia, regarding the rear left hand side AMVAR actuator. I don't know whether it's the actual actuator or the cable, but I plan to leave it alone for the moment as it might turn to be just one of those Diagbox/Lexia glitches...

And 3rd and final, the problem regarding my left hand side front main beam has returned - if I enable the directional lights, it sometimes goes out and the computer reports it as a failed bulb. I initially thought it was an issue with a loose connection to the HID igniter, but I double and triple checked and that seems not to be the case...

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for reading.

Any feedback welcome.

Cheerios,
Sam
David K   
Thu Nov 28 2013, 10:05pm
Member No: #42
I have to say I'm deeply impressed of the enthusiasm you still show for your C6 after all the issues and problems you've had with yours.

Either I'm lucky since I've not had any major problems with my cars, or you are insanely unlucky with yours.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club