C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Sammy's C6 nicknamed Jax

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Gobxoy   
Sat Jan 19 2013, 09:19am
Member No: #786
Analoge vs digital ..... analoge wins in the waft prize but rolls more?

But look at the tyre profile

DS 80ish
CX 70/65
XM 65/60
C6 55/45
smihaialex   
Sat Jan 19 2013, 10:30am
Member No: #1031
Some day, not too long from now I hope, I too will get my own DS...

@Goboxy: besides the genius design (no doubt about that), the analogue hydropneumatics of the DS also take advantage of the fact that it's a waaay lighter car, and you are absolutely right, most likely tyre profile is also a factor... I mean, on the C6 225/55R17 wheels already feel much softer than 245/45R18... I bet if you would go with 205/65R16 or even 225/60R16 it would improve even more, but you would most likely feel the grip go away and perhaps run into some other sorts of trouble (heavy understeer in fast & tight bends and other stuff like that), but comfort-wise it would surely be a delight...

If they wouldn't have changed the wheel bolt config from 4 to 5, I would have tried fitting the C4 6Jx16" alloys with 205/65R16 tyres on the C6, just to see how it feels because I wouldn't be able to run on them anyway - the registration certificate only lists 245/45R18 and 225/55R17 as available options.

Cheerios,
Sam
Tjensen   
Sat Jan 19 2013, 02:25pm
Member No: #954
DS had 180X15 tyres, a specially made size. It also made sharp noise in small sharp humps. In winter I used 165x15 on the DS. My first DS was delivered with 185x15 winter tyres, dangerous !!!!

C6 with 245x18 have little contribution from tyres in suspension, I will look into 225x17 also in summer. Inteteresting if anyone can try 215x16.
Gobxoy   
Sun Jan 20 2013, 10:48am
Member No: #786
Guys before you try any non holomogated tyres be a good idea to check out somewhere like - Click Here - or the tyre calculator uncle Dave has provided for O/D, 407s had 5 stud 16" of course someone needs to check they will go over the front disks, and insurance etc rears it's ugly head. Below is from the link so you can look at multi options if anyone is serious, enjoy

smihaialex   
Sun Jan 20 2013, 06:34pm
Thanks for that! I also recommend Car Bibles - The Wheel & Tyre Bible - Click Here -

Rule of thumb: to keep the wheel size the same (within a tolerable margin), if you want to add an inch to the alloy, you must increase the width by 20 and decrease the profile percentage by 10... That's why 225/55R17 is equvalent to 245/45R18... If you want to keep the width, you decrease the profile percentage by 5... So, instead of 245/45R18 you could go with the taller and narrower 225/50R18.

The reverse also applies - If you want 16" instead of 17", you go with either 205/65R16 or 225/60R16
David K   
Tue Jan 22 2013, 12:15am
Member No: #42
The only way to get 16" wheels on to the c6 is to change discs and brakes on the front. Because with original brake disks, the smallest you can fit is 17" wheels.
smihaialex   
Tue Jan 22 2013, 07:44am
Got it! Thanks! It wouldn't have been possible to run on 16s anyway because of omologation issues, but it would have been an interesting experiment...

Quick update: I updated the CSS software! The AM6 Gearbox, Engine Injection, and ABS/ESP were all up to date... Keep you posted on the ride improvement (if any) - as I said it was pretty good before but if it got any better, I'll be happy as a puppy!

Thanks,
Sammy
smihaialex   
Thu Feb 07 2013, 12:05am
Depollution system faulty came on today And for a brief period the engine would not rev beyond 3000 rpm... I thought that it must have been some sort of limp mode brought on by the fault, but now that it's gone, I just don't know anymore...

It is true that I've been driving a lot around town lately, and that last time I fueled, I did it in an older, less fancy gas station and I remember wondering if I would come to regret this

I don't know... I just hope that it's not something bad - I just had all filters (incl. fuel filter) & oil replaced so... Hope it's not that! Hope it's not the EGR valve either... That would suck

What do you recommend that I do before getting the car to the service? Drive it? Don't drive it? Drive it hard? Drive it slow? Fill it up with better fuel (from a gas station I trust)?!?

Thanks,
Sam
Hattershaun   
Thu Feb 07 2013, 07:19am
Member No: #320
It's possible that your particulate filter needs regenerating, as the filter is full of soot.
The car will do this automatically, as long as you drive at a reasonable speed, say over 40mph for 5-10 mins. The full details are in the handbook.
So, a drive on a motorway will give the system the opportunity to burn off all the soot that has been accumulated during your town driving.
Of course, it could be something else..........
C6Dave   
Thu Feb 07 2013, 08:57am

Member No: #1
Driving at 50 mph for 20 minutes would be better Shaun and yes Sam, if the car won't rev above 3,000 it has gone into 'Limp Home Mode'
Website
smihaialex   
Thu Feb 07 2013, 07:25pm
Took Jax to the service shop today... The error the system registered was P0234 if I remember correctly, which is turbo air pressure too high... But Citroën's documentation (or at least the one these guys had) did not offer any more hints as to why this happened - which part might need replacing/servicing et cetera...

That's when the guesswork started - it was fun for a while, especially because I was able to participate (had they asked me to wait in the reception area, I would have gone mad), but after two hours or so I started to get really annoyed - they were going nowhere fast... All they actually did was delete the error from the ECU

I expressed my concern regarding the fact that I would have expected a bit more knowledge/experience/logic/intuition/expertise/professionalism on their behalf, took the car and left...

I also told them that even on our website there are a few reasonable intuition & experience possible scenarios regarding this error that they didn't even mention as a possibility, such as:

- poor fuel quality or incompatible additive, possible clogging of the fuel filter
- Lambda sensor malfunctioning
- EGR valve malfunctioning
- FAP regeneration required
- etc

But they didn't seem to even be able to tell if any of these are feasible or not, such is their knowledge of the C6 in particular, and 2.7 V6 HDi powered vehicles in general...

After taking the car, I went on a motorway ride, driving at 60 to 90 mph, got rid of the suspect batch of fuel and filled the tank with what is believed to be the best diesel available in Romania (the only 55 cetane diesel in Romania)... So far so good

Do you guys have any other ideas, advice, thoughts?!?

Thank you,
Sam
C6Dave   
Fri Feb 08 2013, 07:49am

Member No: #1
Poor fuel quality could certainly be an issue. Some Eastern European C4 owners have had similar problems.

For now, I would just continue using the 'good' diesel and monitor what happens, taking notes of any issues, pictures of any dash board display etc. to try and build up a picture of what is happening.
Website
smihaialex   
Fri Feb 08 2013, 08:12am
Thanks Dave! Will do

Cheerios,
Sam
ChrisHunter   
Sun Feb 10 2013, 09:16pm
Member No: #188
when we had the pleasure of limp-home mode, it was down to the fuel filter having become clogged, due to poor fuel quality ...
smihaialex   
Mon Feb 11 2013, 11:01pm
I am now absolutely sure that it was the fuel... The intriguing part of the experience however is this: how can bad fuel and a partially clogged fuel filter cause the "turbo pressure too high" error?!?

Sam
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club