One failure to the next!!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Gobxoy   
Wed Oct 31 2012, 08:36am
Member No: #786
You tested with a passenger?

Does the light indicated illuminate with the drivers belt unpluged and the correct warning given?

I think it is the same light I'll check and confirm later eitherway.

I guess you have looked at the onboard diagnostics, and have "no warnings message"?

Could be a conunication/broken wire/seatbelt fault.

A visit to Lexia Lane in the ofting?
magicands   
Wed Oct 31 2012, 11:28am
Member No: #1021

I think it is the same light I'll check and confirm later eitherway.

I guess you have looked at the onboard diagnostics, and have "no warnings message"?

Could be a conunication/broken wire/seatbelt fault.

The drivers warning lamp is on the dash where the speedometer is and that works and the alarm sounds & also the seatbelt unfastened message appears on the Navidrive screen.

The rear passengers warning lamp is top left of Navidrive screen and this illuminates when ignition is turned on and also alarms correctly. The front seat passengers warning lamp is at the top right of the Navidrive screen, above the dimmer buttons and this DOES NOT Illuminate or alarm at all.

Like I said, I tried unfastening the front passenger belt whilst moving at 30mph but no alerts were given at all audible or visible?

So my question remains, is it the buckle at fault or the switch next to the Navidrive?

Follow up to message above as I have just been reading the handbook which says that a child seat on the front passenger seat may NOT be detected, does this imply that the system is weight sensitive and only works when a passenger is in fact sitting in the vehicle, if so then I may not even have a problem.

I guess it makes sense, I will try it later?
Website
COLINJ   
Wed Oct 31 2012, 12:24pm
Member No: #697
Hi magicands, just check mine and f/passenger seat is weight sensitive, ignition on then sit in seat
magicands   
Wed Oct 31 2012, 01:22pm
COLINJ wrote ...

Hi magicands, just check mine and f/passenger seat is weight sensitive, ignition on then sit in seat

Thanks Colin, also just checked mine and yes, its fine, just shows that I have a passenger in the vehicle all the time as that light has always been on and never off!

Must drive alone more often I guess...........thanks for the input, I appreciate the reply.

Regards,
Gary
Website
Gobxoy   
Wed Oct 31 2012, 08:03pm
magicands wrote ...

COLINJ wrote ...

Thanks Colin, also just checked mine and yes, its fine, just shows that I have a passenger in the vehicle all the time as that light has always been on and never off!

Must drive alone more often I guess...........thanks for the input, I appreciate the reply.

Regards,
Gary

Not much point replying as Colin has already confirmed comes on if rear of seat given a firm poke. You say its fine is that working correctly? The reason I ask is looking at your firts and last posts they appear to be contradictory?

AS the post is tittled "Re:One failure to the next!!"
magicands   
Wed Oct 31 2012, 08:37pm

One failure to the next indicates that my recent purchase of a C6 has been a bit of a disaster and has cost me a further £1000 due to ABS sensor failure and a tyre pressure sensor blow out causing tyre deflation in about 2 seconds!!

I have only just got the car back from Citroen Coventry as its stumbled from one fault to the next, I still have no ambient door lighting, no illumination on the Sport and suspension buttons (which there should Be) the lexia report from Citroen also showed up underlying suspension and steering faults that may well rear their heads sooner or later but at £106.40 an hour labour I couldn't afford to leave the car with them any longer to diagnose and discover the failing parts.

Considering its not yet covered 49000 miles and its a one owner full dealer service history vehicle its been a bit pants to be honest, its my first Citroen and will in all probability be my last, which is a shame really as I have tried hard to like the car for the last 6 weeks!!
Website
Gobxoy   
Wed Oct 31 2012, 11:08pm
magicands wrote ...

.... its my first Citroen and will in all probability be my last, which is a shame really as I have tried hard to like the car for the last 6 weeks!!

Why did you buy it in the first place, if you "have tried hard to like the car for the last six weeks!"

Citroën's are not for everyone and C6's are for a few.
drummond   
Thu Nov 01 2012, 10:36am
Member No: #238
You bought the car with no warranty at all? And it's over 3 years old? And it's a Citroen?

Well......
magicands   
Thu Nov 01 2012, 12:36pm
I spent 6 months looking at C6's as there are only a few for sale in the UK. I decided on a C6 because you don't see many on the roads, that was the biggest draw for me and when I found one with the right maintenance and care record I decided to buy it.
Yes, it came with a toilet roll waranty as all the failures are what they call "Wear & Tear" in other words not covered, if there is another type of waranty then let me know?

I test drove the vehicle and all seemed fine but within 1 week of ownership things started going wrong and have not yet stopped, so, I am still trying to like the car (as I did when I first saw it) but that proves difficult when it continues to fail and hit my wallet hard as well.

I owned a Vauxhaal Omega for many years and it gave me trouble free motoring, the C6 offered me almost what I had in my Omega spec wise which was another factor in my choice of the C6.
So, would I buy another Citroen............No!
Website
speedfix   
Thu Nov 01 2012, 12:45pm
Member No: #1043
Hi magicands, sorry to hear of your probs.

Maybe not so much of the cars fault, how can that be, if the tyre deflated instantly at speed due to some damage or foreign object piercing the tyre then the tyre may well have damaged the valve sensor this in turn at speed could well have put vibration and severe shock into the suspension causing the abs wire to fail.
If it was the n/s/r then more so as the vehicle abs leads have more to put up with due to the n/s potholes etc.
Hope you have seen the last of this type of problem.

Going on my cars performance so far and if the reliability stays 100%I would go so far to say the car is better than a Merc or Audi in the same price bracket.
Mine is the 2.2 so cannot speak for the others.
Happy Days
S.
magicands   
Thu Nov 01 2012, 03:44pm
speedfix wrote ...

Hi magicands, sorry to hear of your probs.

Maybe not so much of the cars fault, how can that be, if the tyre deflated instantly at speed due to some damage or foreign object piercing the tyre then the tyre may well have damaged the valve sensor this in turn at speed could well have put vibration and severe shock into the suspension causing the abs wire to fail.
If it was the n/s/r then more so as the vehicle abs leads have more to put up with due to the n/s potholes etc.
Hope you have seen the last of this type of problem.

Going on my cars performance so far and if the reliability stays 100%I would go so far to say the car is better than a Merc or Audi in the same price bracket.
Mine is the 2.2 so cannot speak for the others.
Happy Days
S.

Hi Speedfix,
thanks for making contact, no, my actual sensor blew out, they tyre was fine but the inner parts of the sensor failed and shot out like a bullet taking the dust cap and thread with it, thus my tyre deflated due to sudden pressure release!!
The vehicle was stationary at the time (luckily) and I was standing by it.

Regarding the ABS switch, well this was a seperate issue that had aparantly & according to the Lexia report been faulty on and off for some time, it just happened to fail completely for me.
The other issues regarding lamp failures is not an entire disaster but I like things to work and not having ambient door lighting working on any door is not so good and the Sport and susension buttons not illuminating at night is a pain for me, more so the suspension as I work on Army camps much of the time and as such lift the suspension to avoid hitting the large speed humps.

I will persist in my efforts to remedy all of these faults but my initial reaction to the Citroen C6 has to one of mixed emaotions. Its a beautiful car and I love its looks, I also love the equipment and spec but am dissapointed at build quality and reliability of switches & lamps.
I also hate the sound of the boot closing, it sounds very tinny.
My partner has a C4 VTR+ on a 10 plate and the boot on that sounds really solid and robust, hers makes the kind of noise that a C6 should make.
Anyway, , enough said, its a good job this forum is not just for C6 lovers and that my initial rants have not been deleted by C6Dave (YET) ??
Website
C6Dave   
Thu Nov 01 2012, 04:21pm

Member No: #1
its a good job this forum is not just for C6 lovers and that my initial rants have not been deleted by C6Dave (YET) ??

Constructive critiscism isn't a problem

The tyre valves BTW aren't made by Citroen and are used in a wide range of cars on the road, so you can't condemn the C6 for that.

You have just been unlucky with that one
Website
magicands   
Thu Nov 01 2012, 07:52pm
C6Dave wrote ...

its a good job this forum is not just for C6 lovers and that my initial rants have not been deleted by C6Dave (YET) ??

Constructive critiscism isn't a problem

The tyre valves BTW aren't made by Citroen and are used in a wide range of cars on the road, so you can't condemn the C6 for that.

You have just been unlucky with that one

Gary

Thanks Dave and thanks for the info on the valves.
Regards,
Website
speedfix   
Thu Nov 01 2012, 08:21pm
Member No: #1043
Just checked the TPMS on my car today car info ok, with the scanner not Lexia it shows three tyres the same and the osf .3 bars lower with a higher temp than the others.
Batt life on the sensors all OK
I also see that I can wake up a sensor.
Front tyres will soon need to be replaced so may get a spare sensor, now where did I see one for £20.00.

Note to remove a tyre you must start at least 90% away from the valve.
180% away to press the tyre off the rim.
Gobxoy   
Thu Nov 01 2012, 10:38pm
Gary you ain't waving that wand enough
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club