C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 and exporting

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
drummond   
Thu Nov 25 2010, 04:58pm
Member No: #238
I'm totally confused, will which seems to be how it should be.....in view of Citroen's flip-flopping, I will a) buy a C6 and b) take it to France and get their opinion.

Unfortunately, all the rest of you will now have to wait, unless someone gets there before me!
tonyrome   
Thu Nov 25 2010, 05:33pm
Member No: #15
michaelb wrote ...
I know Paul well and his colleague Jonathan knew nothing of this screw when I asked.

Hmm, sounds like they're making it up as they go along . Would be good if there was a simple adjustment but I have to remain sceptical until someone has actually managed to adjust it. One thing's for sure, Citroen's stupid response only refers to occasional trips on the Continent. As Michael said, it would immediately fail any LHD country's MoT test, which means it's illegal and Citroen are just assuming no-one will complain for a week or two. I don't suppose they'll be willing to pick up any fines incurred, though...
black_exclusive   
Thu Nov 25 2010, 06:02pm
Member No: #126
RichardKC6 wrote ...

I never came across switchable beam patterns on the CX - either on S1 or S2, single or dual optic lights! Now I'm curious!

...well that's me too - never heard of that before.

drummond wrote ...

I had an "Australian" CX (E654 FTF). I think that it's still around somewhere.

Indeed it was at September's CCC CXM Rally a couple of months ago. I didn't get a direct picture of it, but you can see it just behind this bizzare CX "Kitesurf" - Click Here -
That is such an unusual CX...a 2500 GTi manual (non Turbo)!

drummond   
Tue Dec 07 2010, 06:55pm
Member No: #238
I bought it from a guy in London, it had done 28000 miles and was a Mk2 shed. Apparently, the nanny had used it for the two infants...you know the rest! The leather interior was dirty brown, and the carpet was a sort of black shiny goo. It had never been serviced.

One clean up later- all the muck came out! I had the seats in one barn, the carpets in another, the wheels were refinished and the whole car was resprayed in the original colour. I took the car to Chris Burton(near Farnham) and told him to do his worst- he did a major service and said nothing else was needed.

I replaced the boot with one from an earlier car- without the bottom rubber.

I ran the car for 3 years, and sold it to a (I believe) doctor, who was a friend of Tony Stokoe.

The car was one of Citroen's own, and had "Australian" spec., although it never went there! It was the only 5 speed manual GTi in RHD, and had twin a/c.

I paid, I recall, £1000....
black_exclusive   
Tue Dec 07 2010, 08:11pm
Member No: #126
Thanks for that background drummond - always interesting to hear about the histories of different CXs.

It did look a very nice car at the CXM Rally in September...I am quite annoyed at myself for not taking any pictures of it. I believe that in the CXM write-up in Classic Car Buyer there was a picture of it and a small description...I'll have to scan it in sometime.

28000 miles eh?! I wonder how many it has done now?
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club