Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

C6 fuel economy League Table!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
tonyrome   
Sat Aug 21 2010, 06:24pm
Member No: #15
Chevrons wrote ...
I believe 32 MPH is a high average speed over 6000miles - and down goes the gauntlet - unless someone proves me wrong...

It probably is quite a decent average speed, at least in the UK. My trip computer currently shows 3500 miles at 37.3mpg, with a 40mph average speed. Prior to that, the trip computer was showing 9999 miles with an average speed of over 50mph - thanks to quite a lot of use of the Autobahns! - but, once I realised that it would not display mileage beyond 4 digits (why?!), I reset it.
Quentin   
Thu Sep 09 2010, 02:47pm
Member No: #141
Hi

I know this is totally irrelevant to you guys, but my 3.0i petrol gives between 28.9 and 30.4 mpg (indicated on the trip computer) per 2000 mile segment between resets. This equates to around 27 - 28.5 mpg calculated between brimming fills (the discrepancy may be because the tank and filler pipe together hold more than the amount the handbook says is the total capacity).

So - not much worse than the 2.7 diesel, then.
tonyrome   
Thu Sep 09 2010, 09:00pm
Member No: #15
Quentin wrote ...
So - not much worse than the 2.7 diesel, then.

28-30mpg is not bad for the petrol version but it's quite a way short of the diesels once you're on the open road. I'm getting 40mpg and more now and the 2.2s are better still. There's no way you could hit those figures with the petrol.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club