Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
e3steve   
Mon Aug 17 2015, 07:22am
Member No: #1163
Dyane2CVZXx2C2C6 wrote ...

Hi e3steve
Can I assume that you've fitted these? Just got back from my Citroën dealer and there are no sensors in the country, 10 day wait! Rather wanted job done before we go to France end-of next week. Just thought if you were not fitting them, could I buy them off you?
Thanks
Sorry, been offline (in Shropshire for the RAF Cosford meet-up) since you posted this Q!

I've cut the cable and grafted one onto the existing cable -- didn't fix the fault so it must be in the connector on top of the 'fool' tank -- but you can get them online quickly enough from - Click Here -
feef   
Sat Aug 29 2015, 07:17pm
Member No: #1260
Dyane2CVZXx2C2C6 wrote ...

Hi e3steve
Can I assume that you've fitted these? Just got back from my Citroën dealer and there are no sensors in the country, 10 day wait! Rather wanted job done before we go to France end-of next week. Just thought if you were not fitting them, could I buy them off you?
Thanks

GSF have them in stock for next day delivery
PercyPorcelain   
Thu Apr 21 2016, 07:21pm
Member No: #2027
All the same symptoms as the above, ABS/ESP fault, handbrake faulty. The handbrake is indeed faulty to the extent that it won't lock, but if I keep my finger on it it will at least hold the car on a hill, so mechanism can't be at fault?
e3steve   
Thu Apr 21 2016, 09:13pm
PercyPorcelain wrote ...

All the same symptoms as the above, ABS/ESP fault, handbrake faulty. The handbrake is indeed faulty to the extent that it won't lock, but if I keep my finger on it it will at least hold the car on a hill, so mechanism can't be at fault?
All those symptoms point to faulty wheel sensor(s). Have you run a Diagbox or Lexia scan?
userpco   
Fri Apr 22 2016, 04:37pm
Member No: #622
PercyPorcelain wrote ...

I recommend fitting both rear sensors... In my case this solved the problem having had years of intermittent warnings and changing erroneously "flagged" front sensors. Two years trouble free since.
The online buy (referred to in earlier post) at £27 a pair represents a big saving on Citroen's £43 +vat each
c6kev   
Fri Apr 22 2016, 07:53pm
Member No: #1508
I have just fitted a pair of the cheap (£27 the pair)sensors which resulted in my intermittent fault becoming permanent! Yesterday, I bit the bullet and bought another pair of sensors from Eurocarcare (£56 for the pair). They arrived this morning and are now fitted and everything is rosy again.

From my experience, it is worth the extra cash to avoid doing the job twice.

I can also report that there is no need to drop the fuel tank to fit the sensors. Remove the bolt from the rear tank support and it is possible to prise the tank down far enough to draw the old cables out and the new ones in with a piece of string.

Good luck.
nouveaucitroenist   
Sat Apr 23 2016, 11:44am
Member No: #2222
I managed to fit an off side sensor without dropping the tank at all. The cable on a Pagid replacement was long enough to go around the side of the tank and reconnect at the front. I removed the additive tank cover and fed the cable through there and there is a handy hole on the filler tube for a cable tie to secure the cable. Sorry if the pictures aren't very clear, I'm still learning how to mark up pictures.
nouveaucitroenist   
Sat Apr 23 2016, 12:13pm
Hopefully I managed to attach the photos this time....
Nope, I can't get it to work.. I got the impression they were being uploaded but no. Perhaps its a safari thing..Sorry
e3steve   
Sat Apr 23 2016, 04:20pm
nouveaucitroenist wrote ...

Hopefully I managed to attach the photos this time....

Nofoto!

I, too, used the cheapie ones at the rear; fitted them in France, last September, when I did the timing belt jobs. I, too, now must do them again! Been playing up intermittently for a week or so, now... [%*^#@!]!
321dave   
Sat Apr 23 2016, 09:06pm
Member No: #614
Hi Steve,
I bough the rear abs sensors as well to replace, but I didn't have the time after doing the timing belt (many thanks for the help with that) got to it eventually.

I'm sort of glad now I couldn't fit them at the time, because I also bought the cheap ones.
Lesson learned.
nouveaucitroenist   
Sun Apr 24 2016, 07:39pm
3rd attempt at the photos... I have save them at a lower quality so fingers crossed!

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club