C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

installing a lounge pack?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
OzC6   
Wed Apr 13 2016, 05:38pm
Member No: #2578
I've come across a lounge pack rear seat (complete). The question is, this just a matter of bolting it in and connecting the electrics (including installing switches in the rear doors- the switch in the armrest is already there).
Trainman   
Thu Apr 14 2016, 12:11pm

Member No: #86
NO, nothing so simple......... the wiring loom needs to be changed too
OzC6   
Thu Apr 14 2016, 12:30pm
when you say wiring loom; is it the whole car, or just an internal loom? (going of doing something similar in a lamborghini where there are like 5 separate looms).

At least its not a structural issue, which is what i was worried about!
AndreSMCXXMC6   
Sun Apr 17 2016, 09:32am
Member No: #615
The newer C6 3.0HDI is completely different from the older one in the back wiring ( also into the doors) and mechanical. So when I tried I gave up on putting a 2.7HDI lounge pack in a 3.0HDI
gbl   
Sun Apr 17 2016, 03:40pm
Member No: #936
Also some riveted locking brackets for the normal seat backs must be removed in order to accommodate the lounge pack seats.
The note below is from service.citroen.com, describing what must be done if purchasing a complete new C6 body and using it for a lounge pack vehicle:

A) POUR VEHICULE EQUIPE DE 2 SIEGES AR SEPARES SUPPRIMER LES
GACHES DE DOSSIERS ARG ET ARD RIVETEES VALABLES UNIQUEMENT
POUR VEHICULE EQUIPE D’UNE BANQUETTE AR
FreakyFrenchFan   
Tue Apr 19 2016, 06:16am
Member No: #2057
At the risk of sounding like I'm peeing on the lounge pack guys bonfire I would raise these two points. How many people are gonna get to enjoy the lounge pack and do you want to give up the versatility of being able to fold the rear seats and increase boot space? I'd say save yourself the time and bother of a conversion and be happy with what you've got.
OzC6   
Fri Apr 22 2016, 03:38pm
FreakyFrenchFan wrote ...

At the risk of sounding like I'm peeing on the lounge pack guys bonfire I would raise these two points. How many people are gonna get to enjoy the lounge pack and do you want to give up the versatility of being able to fold the rear seats and increase boot space? I'd say save yourself the time and bother of a conversion and be happy with what you've got.

you're probably right.. I just bought a 2nd C6 with a lounge pack.. cant say theres much to it apart from saying you have it, now having tried it...

I have to have a careful think which car to keep (non- lounge pack is immaculate, but high miles, the lounge pack car has a beige interior and looks far more "worn" than the black of the other other car, but has half the miles.... tough choice)
gmerry   
Fri Apr 22 2016, 03:51pm
Member No: #21
Possibly swop black non lounge interior into low mileage car?

Regards
G
OzC6   
Fri Apr 22 2016, 10:48pm
gbl wrote ...

Also some riveted locking brackets for the normal seat backs must be removed in order to accommodate the lounge pack seats.
The note below is from service.citroen.com, describing what must be done if purchasing a complete new C6 body and using it for a lounge pack vehicle:

A) POUR VEHICULE EQUIPE DE 2 SIEGES AR SEPARES SUPPRIMER LES
GACHES DE DOSSIERS ARG ET ARD RIVETEES VALABLES UNIQUEMENT
POUR VEHICULE EQUIPE D’UNE BANQUETTE AR

will soon find out.. just bought a 2nd C6 with a lounge pack this time, will take out the seat and compare wiring etc...
Trainman   
Sat Apr 23 2016, 08:41pm

Member No: #86
I was speaking to Robert at BL Autos today, who mentioned that there is indeed a need to replace the wiring loom, also there are a number of other alterations, including the rear parcel shelf and E3Steve is correct, a number of Bolts, rivets to be removed and there holes to be drilled, as they mount differently.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club