C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Steering Issue, plus tyres???

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
chillmax   
Tue Mar 03 2015, 03:31pm
Member No: #1648
Yep they've done a good general health check, and she was pretty good all in all. Ball joints OK, but bit of play in one wheel bearing, they're gonna have another look as she's with them now.

At 10 years old I want to replace them, I'm gonna give the IFHS ones a go, and if they're horrible I'll bite the bullet.

Also they're friends with a top bod, Tim, at Crawley Cit and he says my car is due a suspension firmware update, among others, which apparently has a big impact, so I look forward to that too. He also said not to bother with the DAB thing from CIt it's rubbish, there's a bluetooth option that's better, so will look into that, about £100.
Website
chillmax   
Thu Mar 05 2015, 09:36pm
Member No: #1648
Just ordered a 7 set of IFHS spheres for £300, so look forward to seeing any improvements; I know they go on for a long time, but surely she'll feel better with new ones over 10 year old ones!!

Also going in to Tates of Crawley as Tim, they're tech bod has suggested that he do updates to the engine, gearbox & suspension software, very exciting, going in next Friday 13th - OK!!

Just a bit of body work tidying to do now, and hopefully that's it for a while!!
Website
dcchurchill   
Thu Dec 31 2015, 12:13pm
Member No: #1502
HI Chillmax
How did you get on with the new spheres you fitted? I'm interested as my C6 pulls to the left too. Tried new tyres, tracking etc...
e3steve   
Thu Dec 31 2015, 05:19pm
Member No: #1163
dcchurchill wrote ...

HI Chillmax
How did you get on with the new spheres you fitted? I'm interested as my C6 pulls to the left too. Tried new tyres, tracking etc...

Probably somewhat attributed to road camber; mine does too, all tracked-up and suspension re-bushed which, annoying clonks & donks aside, hasn't made much difference.

Interestingly, now I'm back in France, mine now pulls slightly to the right. This, of course, pleases me as I thought the car was trying to lead me into Corbyn/Abbott territory!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club