Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
mebedforduk   
Thu May 21 2015, 05:02pm
Member No: #1780
Hi Phil

Ever tried working on a X Type?

Plastic drop links and lots of rusted no longer captive nuts.

That's for your reassuring words

As for my username - Many moons ago I was an active member of a yahoo XM chat site, At the time Yahoo choose the username for you and Ive never bothered to changed it.
Ive just worked out, that's coming up for 20 years

Cheers

magicands   
Thu May 21 2015, 06:37pm
Member No: #1021
321dave wrote ...

Hi Magicands,
might be time to look around for a another garage or a good (local) Citroen mechanic that know's the cars.

Kind regards
321dave

There is nobody else to be honest but thanks.
Once I'm happy the car is running without any problems and I can find a suitable replacement I am going to sell it as I've had enough and don't feel confident in its reliability. The other factor is that nobody, dealers included seem to know how to approach them!?
Website
cruiserphil   
Thu May 21 2015, 07:51pm

Member No: #38
Hi Phil

Ever tried working on a X Type?

Plastic drop links and lots of rusted no longer captive nuts.

That's for your reassuring words

As for my username - Many moons ago I was an active member of a yahoo XM chat site, At the time Yahoo choose the username for you and Ive never bothered to changed it.
Ive just worked out, that's coming up for 20 years

Cheers

No thanks God by the sound of things!!
So your username has nothing to do with Bedford trucks???

Best regards,

Phil C.
321dave   
Tue May 26 2015, 05:56pm
Member No: #614
magicands wrote ...

I will add that my 6 was a one owner full service history 40,000 mile car from a dealer.
I will also add that the first owner had a truck load of problems with it and also spent a considerable amount.
He gave up and got rid of it when his rear abs sensor failed. I know this as I have the Citroen tech report quoting him £600 for the part and Labour.
As he had less than a month before shelled out £800 he simply got rid and that's whe're I came in. Unaware of this until I looked through all the paperwork after purchase. I would also add with regard to Merc and BMW pricing that you can't get much more expensive than a pump for a C5/6 that costs £1,135.00, I also understand that headlights complete are about £1000 so it doesn't take much for. a C6 to become an insurance write off.

Good evening Magicands,
apologies for the delay in coming back to you with the price check regarding the suspension pump you previously mentioned. Amazingly my dealer quoted me €702 for the pump and then €133 for a connecting pipe that apparently is very much needed to go with the new pump installation, so its very similiar again to the price to the online quote from France. Hope that is some help regarding service cost here at the moment.
We all need to be careful anyway when receiving quotes from garages (Citroen garages) regarding the cost(s)of servicing and parts
in particular.

kind regards
321dave

magicands   
Wed May 27 2015, 10:54am
Member No: #1021

Hi Dave, can you tell me if your quotes have included any VAT or not?
Website
321dave   
Wed May 27 2015, 03:35pm
magicands wrote ...

Hi Dave, can you tell me if your quotes have included any VAT or not?

Hi Magicands,
I contacted him again at lunchtime, i'll let you know when he emails me back. But even at 23% per Vat added on its still around €863. Was your price quoted (with the 12% reduction) inclusive of labour to arrive at the £1135 fiqure you mentioned?

kind regards
321dave
321dave   
Wed May 27 2015, 04:33pm

Hi Magicands,
just to update my last post, €702 is including Vat for the suspension pump!
Hope that helps.

Kind regards
321dave
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club