Flashing Green Headlight Telltail

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Tue Oct 08 2013, 11:43am
Member No: #21
Hi all, between Smih's experience and mine, a theory is emerging:-

But first is there a Citroen instruction for how to replace the bulb within the headlight unit (not an instruction on how to remove headlights etc but on the details of how to install bulb, retaing ring and ignitor). Or a Citroen Info Rapid?

I too found that the 3 wire connector was loose/disengaged from the red/black ignitor once I had rotated this to the left. Same on both headlights so presumably not a coincidence.

I PROBABLY REASSEMBLED THE SYSTEM IN THE INCORRECT ORDER IN THAT I PLUGGED IN THE 3 WIRE CONNECTOR TO THE IGNITOR FIRST, BEFORE ASSEMBLING THE BULB/RETAINING RING/IGNITOR. HOWEVER THIS DID RESULT IN A VERY FIRM WIRING CONNECTION.Which order for reassembly have others followed?

Regards
G
smihaialex   
Tue Oct 08 2013, 11:00pm
Member No: #1031
Yes G, you might have gotten the items connected in the wrong order, and temporarily obtained a snug fit. But the problem is that, once you put everything together, the small white leg inside the connector socket on the red/black igniter retracts, and after that, the fit might not be that snug anymore...

In any event, once the weather gets better, I will try to put the pieces back together in the wrong order and hopefully that will solve my problem

Cheerios,
Sam
gmerry   
Fri Oct 11 2013, 08:52am
It seems that so far, only Smih' and myself have replaced the HID bulbs themselves? Anyone else had a crack at it?

Regards
G

PS, I'm still using the directional headlight functionality - fingers crossed.
gmerry   
Wed Oct 16 2013, 08:36am
Headlights still working, in Direction Mode.

Replaced with standard OSRAM 4300K, very yellow to begin with (like French headlights of old) but noticeably whiter now that some colourshift has taken place.

Regards
G
smihaialex   
Mon Oct 21 2013, 10:15pm
Member No: #1031
When I originally saw the design of the igniter base with the small leg inside the connection socket, I thought to myself that the way it should work would be so that the leg pops out a lil bit when the items are all put together, in order to secure the connector in place - that would have been waaay more useful than the way it actually works where it pops out upon undoing in order to eject the connector

Cheers,
Sam
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club