C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Perimeter Lights Not Working

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
dsharples   
Fri Oct 18 2013, 06:22pm
Member No: #119
Folks, my rear side lateral (or "fan") lights, and the front middle lights above the HID, but between the little square side light, and the front side lateral (fan) light, are not working.

The rear lateral lights definitely used to work, but not sure if there is a light above the HID unit?

Is this just likely to be progressive bulb failure or is there a fuse somewhere?
Thoughts welcome.
Trainman   
Fri Oct 18 2013, 06:50pm

Member No: #86
Are you refering to the orange ones on the side of the front light? or the white one above the headlight?

On the rear, again I'm presuming you mean the orange one behind the tail light?
dsharples   
Fri Oct 18 2013, 07:23pm
At the rear - yes, the orange one behind the tail lights.

At the front - I thought the white "bar" over the HID used to light, but perhaps not. I can only see bulbs for the "side light" and the orange "lateral light".

Trainman   
Fri Oct 18 2013, 08:06pm

I suspect it's probably bulbs, the rear are the easist, they are white W5W fitting one's (Capless)

At the front, there should only be one white light above the HID it should "feed" light along the bar. I haven't had to change that one yet so can't tell you how to do it.....
e3steve   
Fri Oct 18 2013, 11:03pm
Member No: #1163
The rear lateral lights require the removal of each taillight ass'y in its entirety. Two large plastic thumb nuts on the underside of each. How to...

The fronts are a bit of a faff (at least one side is, I seem to recall) but do-able if you have smallish hands and nimble fingers -- no good trying if you have pudgie pork Cumberlands on the ends of your wrists! The lamp holders are accessed via rubber caps found under the bonnet and around the headlight ass'y. Take a Valium beforehand......
Trainman   
Sat Oct 19 2013, 09:34am

e3steve wrote ...

The rear lateral lights require the removal of each taillight ass'y in its entirety. Two large plastic thumb nuts on the underside of each. How to...

The fronts are a bit of a faff (at least one side is, I seem to recall) but do-able if you have smallish hands and nimble fingers -- no good trying if you have pudgie pork Cumberlands on the ends of your wrists! The lamp holders are accessed via rubber caps found under the bonnet and around the headlight ass'y. Take a Valium beforehand......

Steve,

I think he's talking about the white 'sidelight' over the head light, not the side orange marker lights at the front........... I stand to be corrected though..
dsharples   
Sat Oct 19 2013, 11:32am
Thanks all! So i've fixed the orange "lateral" rear lights. My question is, should the area indicated below light-up? I'm sure it used to?
If so, how do you get to the bulbs. I can't see any sign of access from the under the bonnet. How much dismantling is required?
gmerry   
Sat Oct 19 2013, 12:02pm
Member No: #21
Hi Sharples, I recently had my headlights out of the car and on the dining table and replaced all the bulbs:-

That is, the HID headlight bulb, the lateral bulb that shows orange and the sidelight bulb. Put the light switch on the sidelight setting to make sure that works and then you can checkout the entire setup.

Regards
G

PS, to answer your question No
dsharples   
Sat Oct 19 2013, 12:34pm
G, so if there are only 3 bulbs, then the middle section I have marked does not light - as you can clearly see the sidelight bulb, lateral bulb and HID headlight bulb are all working fine. My mistake then! David.
e3steve   
Sat Oct 19 2013, 01:32pm
Member No: #1163
dsharples wrote ...

Thanks all! So i've fixed the orange "lateral" rear lights. My question is, should the area indicated below light-up? I'm sure it used to?
If so, how do you get to the bulbs. I can't see any sign of access from the under the bonnet. How much dismantling is required?

Nope!

For the parking lights -- you may have already found this bit out -- you just remove the rubber cap inboard of each headlight ass'y, grasp the white 'handle' and make a partial twist radially. The rubber caps are revealed once the plastic covers, found either side of the bonnet slam panel, are removed; just pop the T-shaped retainer locks (diametrically across the plastic retainers) part way with a small screwdriver and the retainers pull free.

You've probably been this far, but just in case.....

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club