C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Neoform Beam Blade Wipers Opie Oil in a C6

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Tue May 11 2010, 10:28pm
Member No: #21
Hi, my drivers side wiper has developed an extreme judder. I keep the windscreen clean and wax, silicon, free so guessing the wiper blade is worn out.

Opie Oils stock Neform Beam Blades Wipers Has anyone fitted on of these and can they report sucess or otherwise.

While I'm placing the order for the blades, I'll probably order some Castrol SuperResponse Dot 4 Brake fluid and get this changed out too. This job is due every two years and as its a big heavy beast occasionally driven hard over the hills, I don't want any brake issues with old fluid.

By the way, do members of this forum get the Opie discount?

PS, been buying oil for the other Citroen in the family for a few years now from Opie Oils, plus filters too. Always found them a reliable supplier.
nickyg   
Tue May 11 2010, 11:19pm
Member No: #100
Hi Gerry,

If your wipers are making a slight banging noise at times, it could be a perished bearing/bushing in the linkage. My passenger one is playing up.

If you put them to service position (pointing up) and give each one a tiny, gentle sideways tug towards the middle and back you should feel decent resistance and, from memory, no more than 20mm or so movement.

On my passenger wiper it feels more free and I can move it about 90-100mm, and I can now see through the perforated cover at the base of the windscreen which one of the joints has the play in it.

I mention this to you because I went and bought brand new Bosch Aeros, I had read up on the various options, including Neoform, and went for Bosch. Took off the old ones.. same noise.. looked at "old" ones, they were Bosch Aeros no more than a few weeks old fitted by the previous company owner at MOT!!

Oh well, I'll not be buying wipers for a while!

Also, there's a wiper treatment called "303" supposed to be ok, been meaning to order some.

Also, will you let us know how you get on with the fluid change.. are you going to a dealer or doing it yourself? It requires Lexia to be totally right, but I think it's about £70 or so from the dealers so a couple brake fluid changes alone would almost pay for a Lexia tool itself!!

I want to bleed out my hydraulics also, and fill with new LDS, also requires Lexia, probably around £150 for that I'd say, and you can buy the 4l of LDS for about £30!

:-0

C6Dave   
Wed May 12 2010, 06:40am

Member No: #1
gmerry wrote ...

What discount Gordon, first I have heard of it?

Didn't know there was a discount scheme but have registered for it this morning.

As for the wiper blades, having had a C4 with Aero blades fore nearly 5 years and 97,000 miles I found that when the blades were wearing, I got judder if the screen wasn't really wet i.e. in intermittent light drizzle or if the screen was cold first thing.

Giving the blades a well as the screen a good clean helps as traffic film builds up which can contribute to 'skitter' from the wipers.

I tried all of the 'after market' alternatives on the C4 but always ended up with Citroen OEM originals (I'm replacing the C6 blades with Citroen ones next week) as they didn't perform as well.
Website
Dave Mc   
Wed May 12 2010, 11:36am
Member No: #64
A couple of weeks ago I fitted a pair of Bosch Aero blades, £35 the pair. Unless the screen was very wet the old ones 'skipped' and didn't clear the screen very well. Citroen wanted £63 and I haven't had a problem with Bosch in the past.
gmerry   
Wed May 12 2010, 12:00pm
Nickyg and Dave, thanks for replies. I'll try cleaning screen and blade (again), check linkage for excessive play (ie more than 20mm at the tips) and then replace the blades in that order. Will let you know how I get on.

Over the last couple of days done a lot of driving in rain and drizzle. Basically had to keep turning wipers off manually after two wipes because the vibration/judder was so bad.

Re the Brake fluid replacement, maybe better if I start a separate post. My general thinking is to pressure bleed /change the fluid myself, same time as a brake pad replacement. The caliper pistons can be pushed in, pushed out several times to clear any old fluid trapped within the caliper behind the pistons. Just opening the bleed screw will not clear the old fluid trapped in there. This is particularly the case for the fronts with the dual piston design. If the ECU controlling the ABS / ESP hangs up because of this, I'll get the dealer to reset. Car is due to go back to them again soon in any case. I guess I could disconnect the battery whilst bleeding. This might stop any problems with the ECU. Long term it looks like a Lexia emulator is the way to go. See DigitalKaos website for some discussion on that.

Regards
C6Dave   
Wed May 12 2010, 01:16pm

gmerry wrote ...

Re the Brake fluid replacement, maybe better if I start a separate post. My general thinking is to pressure bleed /change the fluid myself, same time as a brake pad replacement. The caliper pistons can be pushed in, pushed out several times to clear any old fluid trapped within the caliper behind the pistons. Just opening the bleed screw will not clear the old fluid trapped in there.

This is particularly the case for the fronts with the dual piston design. If the ECU controlling the ABS / ESP hangs up because of this, I'll get the dealer to reset. Car is due to go back to them again soon in any case. I guess I could disconnect the battery whilst bleeding. This might stop any problems with the ECU. Long term it looks like a Lexia emulator is the way to go. See DigitalKaos website for some discussion on that.

Regards

Before you start Gordon, read the official Citroen procedure available now in downloads - Click Here -
Website
C6Dave   
Wed May 12 2010, 04:47pm

gmerry wrote ...

OK organised for C4owners, just awaiting a response for C6owners otherwise we can use the C4 code
Website
urb   
Wed May 12 2010, 08:18pm
Member No: #26
gmerry wrote ...

Opie Oils stock Neform Beam Blades Wipers Has anyone fitted on of these and can they report sucess or otherwise.

Success,
Neform verical, Citroen horizontal

capt109   
Wed May 12 2010, 10:16pm
Member No: #47
I have put the Neoforms on my C6 and found them to be OK, I got them from Wiperblades.co.uk at a good price. Just checked again a they now have the bosch blades at 25% cheaper than the dealers.
nickyg   
Wed May 12 2010, 11:01pm
Member No: #100
Yes, you should be able to pick up Bosch Aeros for about £30 if you look around.
gmerry   
Tue May 18 2010, 05:55pm
Received my Trico Neoform wiperblades from Opie Oils. Part Number NF-706 700mm length. They give a good wipe and have eliminated the horrible judder. At £28 for two including VAT I think they are good value (Not including postage, but Opie were pretty good and the postage was covered by the other items I was ordering).
Regards
G
gmerry   
Mon Nov 22 2010, 10:42am
My last post on this one was May this year, but now my Neoform wipers have developed the same extreme judder noise as I had 5 months ago. Doesn't go away unless the rain is extremely heavy. My guess is that the blades have not lasted very long (less than 5 months and 5000 miles) so am a bit disappointed. Will try the Bosch blades and see if they last any longer. Must amid the juddering noise is driving me insane!

Regards
G
C6Dave   
Mon Nov 22 2010, 11:27am

Citroen OEM are more expensive, but do last far longer and have less problems.

You can get them at a good discount from [Dealer 1]
Website
michaelb   
Mon Nov 22 2010, 02:46pm
Member No: #14
I bought my Neoforms quite a while ago now and they've been relatively judder free. They do tend to be a little bit more loose fitting than the OEM ones so from the moment they were fitted they give a little "clack" with each sweep.

Recently they have developed a judder, especially when the rain has eased off and the auto-wipers haven't quite decided to switch off yet.
Trainman   
Mon Nov 22 2010, 08:55pm

Member No: #86
Gerry,

I've just fitted the Bosch Neofoam to mine and as Michealb saya they do clank but no judder no matter how much water is on the windscreen.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club