Greetings from Preston (part 3)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Trainman   
Sun Sep 11 2011, 09:10am

Member No: #86
smorphet wrote ...

Oh dear! Sorry to hear about that Steve. Let's hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

Steve.

My gut instinct is that it will be, just roughly working out the price of parts, makes my eyes water.

verycleverman wrote ...
I seem to recall Tony Rome is selling his for a reasonable price and not only is it the best colour for a C6, (in my opinion), but it's also a 'famous' one.

Pete.

Pete, I agree about the colour, but the biggest problem at the moment is having the cash to replace it, Unless of course I'm wrong and the Insurance decide to repair her.....

ciao_chao wrote ...

Oh no! I hope you intend in getting another!

Without a doubt, I haven't considered something else, My problem like everybody on here is that I know to much about them, for example don't look at the plate, look at the ORGA number.

C6Dave wrote ...
So could you pay to have it done yourself with used parts, or is it more cost effective to just take the payout and buy another.

Bit of a dilemma for you.

And that is the biggest problem! It is a dilemma, but realistically I think I would have to walk away....... I haven't got the time or space to rebuild her and the battle over getting the bits, to be honest, isn't exactly something to look forward to....
Ped   
Sun Sep 11 2011, 10:31am
Member No: #82
Sad news, keep us up to date. Just reminds me how quickly things can change in the blink of an eye.

ped
Trainman   
Sun Sep 11 2011, 07:30pm

Here a link to the pictures I've taken, apologies for the quality, they were taken on a Blackberry - Click Here -
C6Dave   
Mon Sep 12 2011, 06:39am

Member No: #1
From the images, the exterior damage is a rear bumper, but they are £1,359.53 unpainted without any of the trim bits that may not be reusable.

Then the floor panel itself + possible rear frame come to another £812.68

That's a potential £2,172.21 in parts, without labour and paint, so you can see how the cost of repair could escalate
Website
Trainman   
Mon Sep 12 2011, 07:01am

Dave,

I completely agree, especially given the fact that the insurance companies work on a 60% value of the car to repair it. Also factor in the boot floor having a kink in it...........

I'll just have to wait and see
C6Dave   
Mon Sep 12 2011, 08:11am

Member No: #1
Boot floor itself is only £453.30 Steve and is included in the £2,172.21 list of potential parts and it may even 'pull out' on a jig. I've seen worse that that straightened in the past
Website
Trainman   
Mon Sep 12 2011, 10:02am

C6Dave wrote ...

Boot floor itself is only £453.30 Steve and is included in the £2,172.21 list of potential parts and it may even 'pull out' on a jig. I've seen worse that that straightened in the past

You and me both, on the positive side the other party has insurance so a hire car on the way, wonder what it will be I know it's supposed to be like for like, but I wonder how many hire companies have a C6 in the fleet

drummond   
Mon Sep 12 2011, 11:08am
Member No: #238
It's not your fault, so the other side has to put you back in the position that you were in before the loss. That means reinstating the C6.

It is irrelevant that it might cost more than the notional scrap value, or any other sum. Reasonableness, of course- a £60000 repair might well not be. However, a £15000 repair might give you a lot of leverage.

Furthermore, it's got to be done at a Citroen dealer. No aftermarket dodgy repairers here!

That is the law; most underwriters hope that the other side (ie you!) are, shall I say, misinformed.

I used to be a partner in a firm of loss adjusters, before which I was an articled clerk for a firm of solicitors.

I would not insist upon a C6(!) but I would insist on a £39000 equivalent.

I used to hate people like you!!!!
BruceB   
Mon Sep 12 2011, 11:31am
Member No: #234
drummond wrote ...

It's not your fault, so the other side has to put you back in the position that you were in before the loss.

What the man said! Your insurance company should be fighting your corner HARD from the very start. It's a rear-end shunt and, in all probability although I don't know the circumstances, there is no way that the other side can hang any blame on you. If your car is beyond economic repair, which is anyway looking increasingly questionable as the informed posts roll in, then you have a right to demand a C6 of an equivalent age and specification.

Tell your insurance broker or company to MAN UP and do its job. We pay the rascals enough, dammit!

Perhaps the threat of a gigantic PI claim for whiplash would concentrate their minds ...
Trainman   
Mon Sep 12 2011, 11:41am

Guys, I completely agree and furthermore really appreciate your support, I always believe it's better to be told 6 times than not at all, so if you think of anything else, please feel free to 'chip' in.

I'm lucky enough to have a friend who until he retired 18months ago was an insurance broker for 35 years, please rest assured I am in excellent hands....

As for the hire car, a BMW 520D is being delivered this afternoon.

on a side note, the other party hadn't advise their insurance of the bump, so they weren't best pleased by that........

verycleverman   
Mon Sep 12 2011, 04:26pm
Member No: #65
Trainman wrote ...

I thought you were supposed to get an equivalent car. Obviously they didn't have a 850!

Pete.
Trainman   
Mon Sep 12 2011, 04:41pm

verycleverman wrote ...

Trainman wrote ...

I thought you were supposed to get an equivalent car. Obviously they didn't have a 850!

Pete.

Unfortunately I need a 4 door, and I don't recall seeing diesel in the range, I have a friend who has one and at 18mpg, he can keep it
Trainman   
Wed Sep 21 2011, 07:43pm

Vehicle examiner coming tomorrow morning, looking forward to that conversation
Trainman   
Mon Sep 26 2011, 08:55pm

Update: 1

Vehicle examiner came on Friday to have a look, he say's "it's nothing that isn't repairable, depending upon the cost" which at least gives me some hope a throughly nice chap who has known Dave Ashworth ( ) a number of years, we had a chat about CX's, XM's and SM's.

The trouble is that I've seen a 3.0 HDi for sale (Blue and Cream, Exclusive) and I'm now really in a quandry
Hattershaun   
Tue Sep 27 2011, 06:42am
Member No: #320
Steve, I wouldn't get too excited about the 3.0HDi that was for sale at Howrds of Weston Super Mare.

Apparently, it was sold by 9.30am on Monday 26th.

I saw it advertised on Sunday & tipped off another forum member who is looking for a C6, he called to find out that it had already been sold to an existing C6 owner. Maybe you've bought it?................ If so, lucky you & well done.

And the advert is still live on the web.

I think it was under priced by about £3000. Surely there should be a price premium for the 3.0HDi over the 2.7?
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club