C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Greetings from Preston (part 3)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Trainman   
Thu Jan 10 2013, 06:54pm

Member No: #86
Well, I've ordered the replacement door and It's scheduled to be fitted at the beginning of February, and at the same time I'm having the front bumper resprayed, We've struck a deal which is more than fair, and having seen previous work of his, I'm more than "chuffed".

We have a back up, price, should the door need respraying, but we'll have to wait and see.............
Trainman   
Tue Jan 22 2013, 09:23pm

The door has arrived, and we've had a look at it, my paint tech took one look at it and said that it had already been resprayed, there are a coulpe of minor "dings" which will need to be sorted, however, at the moment the replacement looks good.

so finger crossed the door get's sorted for the week commencing 4th Feb........updates to follow
Trainman   
Sun Jan 27 2013, 06:42pm

Well what a week................

There was a bit of a do on wednesday when Sarah and I tied the knot, I couldn't think of any excuses anymore :roll:

Saturday morning saw my normal 40 minute commute to work turn into a 3 1/2 hours cross country tour, after abandoning trying to drive on the motor 12 miles in just over an hour, I came put the kettle on and had a bit of a moment, why not try the main roads

So thinking of the best route I set off from Preston, Burscough, Ormskirk, then Rainford By-pass, St Helens and into Warrington. From first leaving home at 3am to arriving at work at 6:30 a hell drive, to be followed by total mayhem at work and a good steady drive home.

All in all the C6 performed perfectly, she never put a foot wrong, and was good as ever.......
michaelb   
Sun Jan 27 2013, 09:43pm
Member No: #14
Trainman wrote ...

There was a bit of a do on wednesday when Sarah and I tied the knot,

Congratulations

Trainman wrote ...

All in all the C6 performed perfectly, she never put a foot wrong, and was good as ever.......

And congratulations.
ciao_chao   
Thu Jan 31 2013, 08:37pm
Member No: #518
Yes congratulations!
Trainman   
Thu Feb 07 2013, 01:25pm

Gentlemen,

The C6 went in on Monday for the door to be replaced after my ittle 'ding' and the front bumper resprayed this has been bugging me for ages, but to be fair, I knew about it when I bought the car, the paint was really thin.

I've been driving SWMBO VW Polo this week, I can honestly say, without a shadow of a doubt I WANT MY C6 BACK don't get me wrong, it's a good little car, for nipping into town, but by god it's no cruiser.......... talk about feeling the bumps......
Hattershaun   
Thu Feb 07 2013, 09:22pm
Member No: #320
Trainman wrote ...

Gentlemen,

The C6 went in on Monday for the door to be replaced after my ittle 'ding' and the front bumper resprayed this has been bugging me for ages, but to be fair, I knew about it when I bought the car, the paint was really thin.

I've been driving SWMBO VW Polo this week, I can honestly say, without a shadow of a doubt I WANT MY C6 BACK don't get me wrong, it's a good little car, for nipping into town, but by god it's no cruiser.......... talk about feeling the bumps......

You should try driving a DS5 then if you think a Polo's suspension is bumpy! Of all the company cars I've had this one has accumulated the miles at the slowest rate. My favourite was the C5 3.0 HDi V6, lovely engine, but not a C6.
Trainman   
Thu Feb 07 2013, 09:31pm

Shaun,

Thats another reason I don't like the DS5, don't get wrong, I love the looks but the car is wrong in so many way's.

GOOD NEWS

She's back

and I have to say the guys at CARS in Preston have done a crackiling job, Oz, even had the decency to take a couple of pictures for me while she was masked up.......

I'll take some pictures tomorrow for the column of the new look, after she's had her 'nose job'

Got to say that riding around in comfort out way's the cost of driving the Polo....
ciao_chao   
Fri Feb 08 2013, 12:01am
Member No: #518
Gentlemen, I trump all of your efforts with the BMW 1-series with M-sport pack. Not only a mind of it's own thanks to it's excessively rigid suspension, the seats were equally granite like.
Trainman   
Fri Feb 08 2013, 12:27pm

ciao_chao wrote ...

Gentlemen, I trump all of your efforts with the BMW 1-series with M-sport pack. Not only a mind of it's own thanks to it's excessively rigid suspension, the seats were equally granite like.

There's always one.............

although it get me thinking about of the curtosy (and I use the term loosely) that I've had, Poxhall Vectra SXi, SAAB 900 Turbo (near enough the same to not matter) and the BMW 520D with run flat tyres..........

None of which I would touch with a barge pole.
Hattershaun   
Fri Feb 08 2013, 07:27pm
Steve, what you need is a water bed on wheels.............
Trainman   
Thu Feb 28 2013, 09:41pm

As usually happens I had a couple of days off last week and the weather was to say the least Poo... so No pictures as yet because now she needs a wash. As the weather was so poor I decided to settle down and re-install the Lexia after it threw a fit whilst trying to diagnose a C5.

Just as I was about to set to I remembered that I'd been sent a copy of Diagbox so decided to install that instead. I down loaded the video instruction to another computer and then sat and followed the instructions, first attempt and Hey Presto...... unbelievable !! worked first time.

I've run in on the C6 and I've got a couple of issues, Steering Wheel Angle Sensor, Cabin Humidity Sensor and a Tyre Pressure Sensor and an ignition ECU that won't comunicate, other than that everything appears to be OK.

So, I'm hoping to get that lot sorted over the next couple of months. The only other thing is that the new door sounds hollow when you shut it compared to the door on the other side, I need to investigate that and maybe look at some sound proofing, there's also a little rattle coming from the door so I suspect something has worked loose, It works so there's no urgency.

If anybody wants a copy of Diagbox let me know and I'll have some with me at the X Rally.
Trainman   
Wed Apr 17 2013, 07:46pm

Driving to work on Saturday, the car began 'hunting', at first I thought it was the road surface and my foot moving on the accelerator, given that the M6 isn't the best road surface around. No, it carried on if I cruised below 70mph. Driving back home on Saturday night, ruled out the road surface. As the 'hunting' reoccured.....

Driving home from work again last night up the M6, I'm doing 65mph and the car starts to hunt, now first thing check the fuel guage, half a tank.
Okay so not that, accererate and it's fine, but once you take your foot off the gas, it feels like it's trying swallow fuel and gagging.

I've driven it today, and all was fine until, again I hit the 60/65mph and it started to 'hunt' again. I'm guessing that this is electrical so plan on putting the Diabox over the car

Managed to get the lexia on the car yesterday and took some screen shots.

So, it looks like the EGR is faulty, Getting the auto electrician to double to check it on friday and then go from there. The stupid thing is that the car is running like a dream, but the engine management light is on.
cruiserphil   
Wed Apr 17 2013, 07:56pm

Member No: #38
Nice though hat the fault has been logged!

Regards,

Phil C.
Hattershaun   
Thu Apr 18 2013, 05:04am
A good time to fit some EGR blanking valves perhaps?
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club