Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
cruiserphil   
Mon Jul 04 2022, 11:05am

Member No: #38
Hello Radox,

Earlier in the thread in 2015 member Junep said
About this, it is easy, no C6 got DXP 42, this is old system used until 2002. From 2002 ( rpo: 9492) all cars use Eolys 176, after some time they changed Eolys 176 to Infineum F7995 which is the same liquid from another producer (it is cheaper).
Eolys 176 and Infineum F7995 can be mixed.
There are more systems PSA (like Eolys Powerflex which got blue plugs) is using, but in C6, there is nothing else.

From citroen documents: The EOLYS 176 additive is replaced by the INFINEUM F7995 additive When current stocks are exhausted, only the new product will be supplied.

Our 2007 car is RPO 10812. I think the clickfit union had a white button. I filled it with Infineum F7995 last year. I'm sure it was the first time it was refilled as we got the car when it was only 2 years old. Like 321Dave we've had no problems. In that regard I believe Jumep's post and that the Citroen maintenance documentation is incorrect that any C6 was actually filled with DPX42 at manufacture.

The problem for you, if it's true that DPX42 cannot be mixed, is that your car was refilled with DPX42!. So unless you can drain whatever is left, it sounds like DPX42 is what you need.

Best regards,

Phil C.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club