Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Breakdown and recovery cover, value for money?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Fri Sep 09 2011, 03:33pm

Member No: #1
Having just had the renewal in for my Green Flag 'Personal' Policy I found that it didn't cover the Morris Minor as it's over 16 years old. They would add it if I upgraded but the premium was going from £85.86 to £145.. Gulps!

The £85 was nearly double the intro price I got last year so decided to look around again and after a lot of searching and quoting have gone back to Auto Aid

Why you may well ask, well it's £38.00 a year and that covers me and my wife for any car were driving, so for those of you with a small 'fleet' of classics you only use on a limited basis it's ideal.

Downside, well you have to pay the recovery charge yourself and submit the receipts to get your money back.

However that is not an issue as I had to claim once when I had the C4 and stupidly put unleaded in the Diesel tank (I know, what an idiot) and they paid out with no issue.
Website
michaelb   
Fri Sep 09 2011, 03:53pm
Member No: #14
I need European cover. My broker wanted GBP £135 for it - I gave it a miss.

I believe Moneysavingexpert.com rates ADAC as the cheapest for European cover. Something like £80 per annum.

I eventually gave in to my bank's overtures to upgrade my account so now I have this European breakdown and worldwide family travel insurance (inc winter sports), and phone insurance, and gadget insurance, and home emergency insurance, and, and, and .... all for £180 per annum. Which I think is a reasonable deal.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club