Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Anyone with a high mileage with cream leather seats and steering wheel?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
neal2175ds   
Thu Aug 25 2011, 08:41pm
Member No: #487
Hi, does anyone have a high mileage C6 with the cream upholstery?

I keen to know how it is after 80,000 miles or so, as i am possibly going to take the plunge . I'm particularly keen to know how the steering wheel holds up (actually in any colour) as on the C5 it was a real low rent piece of do-do and its famous for loosing its coating and then turning all sticky and horrible. I had that experience twice now. My preference was for a car with black carpets and steering wheel with the brown seats but cant find one the right age

.... unless you know of one

Thanks for your help
C6Dave   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 06:15am

Member No: #1
The only 'Tan' seats were in the 3.0 Exclusives and for the age of the car your looking at it's either 'Cream' or Black leather so your options are limited.

A Lignage has part Gray leather/cloth seat coverings and some are nearly as fully spec'd as the Exclusives so that may help expand your search.

There is a forum thread on cream seatbelts and how to clean them which indicates hat they may be a weak point - Click Here -
Website
drummond   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 07:21am
Member No: #238
A c6 without cream leather seats is, quite honestly, not a c6 at all! If it's good enough for the President it's good enough for me...

I've got cream, blue (Light 15). tan (DS), and black (Mazda, the wife's). The Mazda is the worst, and the DS quite the best, despite being 40+ years old.

The light 15, despite its being Bridge of Weir, (like the late lamented Connolly) is "modern" and therefore soft. The "old" leather has a different (now illegal) dressing. Also, being modern, it's thinner.

They all wear, particularly with jeans, (the studs.)

I use Autoglym leather cleaner on all my cars, or Leatherique, which is American and available on t'internet. Autoglym Lifeshine is also good, pay about £25 for the whole kit. They say that it's £250, but that includes the putting on!

I looked at the 60000 mile car (ex Tiff Needell) at SGT, which had clearly had a hard life internally, and I thought that two or three hours with the product would get the car interior back to new. Even the steering wheel.

Tim
pclark   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 08:03am
Member No: #3
Dave

The tan 'Alezan' leather was available well before the 3.0Hdi engine. I've seen at least one 2.7 exclusive with this trim, a black or storm grey one that Dave Ashworth had for sale at various Citroen Car Club events 2 or 3 years ago.It was seeing this car that inspired me to order mine in Alezan trim.
Trainman   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 08:20am

Member No: #86
I have the black leather in mine and I've done, 90,000+ miles, I've no problem with the steering wheel, or in fact, any part of the leather.

I'll be at CXM and Xantia next weekend in Little Horwood if you are heading over? you can't miss it. It will probably be the oldest one there unless someone else with a 55 plae is going
neal2175ds   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 08:37am
After all your posts I'm feeling a lot more reassured that Cream will see the test of time. No more snacking on the motorway though... chocolate bars will be banned !

As far as going to Little Horwood this weekend, much as I'd love too I cant. I'm usually there for the D Rally and have promised myself to go for the CX rally many times.

Something that is really noticeable is just how many D owners like the C6. Its sure to become a classic.

The car i am looking at requires some new rear tyres and they are going to chuck these in. Is the current thought that the Falkens are still best, I've used a lot of Hankooks on my C5 after years of always buying Michelin and been impressed.

ciao_chao   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 10:53am
Member No: #518
Leather isn't going to be your worry. As ped and I have come accross it's the seatbelts that are a pain. - Click Here -
Ped   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 03:51pm
Member No: #82
Here's my mate driving my 65k '06

Very clean, it would pass for new. Still has that new car smell!
neal2175ds   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 04:07pm
yes saw the post on dirty belts... Car looks great inside, must say
Rich   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 07:31pm
Member No: #542
Ped wrote ...

Here's my mate driving my 65k '06

Very clean, it would pass for new. Still has that new car smell!

Sorry to go off topic but I have no idea you could split the screen like that to show the map! I have split screen showing trip computer and basic sat nav info, but how do you get the map to split screen?
MattHwk   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 10:11pm
Member No: #246
Hey, I'm a Black and Tan boy! 2.7 V6 2008 57 Plate - searched long and hard to get my favourite combo. Still mint indoors at 94k.
ciao_chao   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 11:27pm
Member No: #518
the_unrepentant wrote ...

Sorry to go off topic but I have no idea you could split the screen like that to show the map! I have split screen showing trip computer and basic sat nav info, but how do you get the map to split screen?

Press the control dial, and it should give you a menu which should have a option of "Reduced Screen" That goes for RT3 at least.
Ped   
Sat Aug 27 2011, 10:05am
Member No: #82
Yup that's it. It'll show nav instruction son the left and map on the right if you have a target set, otherwise climate on left and map on right.

Cheers
ped
Rich   
Sat Aug 27 2011, 03:17pm
Member No: #542
thanks all! tested and works. You can get back to topic now...
skipppy   
Fri Sep 14 2012, 01:53pm
Member No: #914
One year later on and I hope you've solved this question? My own C6, pictured in 'Introduce Yourself' is fairly new but expecting wear on the cream leather I've put in a sheepskin seat cover for the driver and when the car is on work duty I have a fleece blanket covering the back seat that locates onto the headrest mounts. I can now put anything in the back; like several bags of bark mulch - with impunity.
The blanket has holes that match the headrest shafts so it's well held in place and easily removed for the weekend.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club