Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

Hater to Lover in 5 minutes

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Rich   
Sun Aug 14 2011, 12:16pm
Member No: #542
Hi all Funny story last night. A friend of mine found out last week i had bought a C6 and I am guessing like some of you have experienced, i got laughed at and he pretended to know all about the car and why i shouldn't have got it.

I gave him a lift home last night and for the entire 20 minute drive, he was gobsmacked! He apologised for ribbing me and just kept going on about all the cool things we all the C6 for.

Just as i dropped him off, he said "I am seriously considering one of these now, forget Audi's and BMW's, they have nothing on this!"

I love humble pie sometimes!
C6Dave   
Sun Aug 14 2011, 06:08pm

Member No: #1
Shh, you may start pushing the used prices back up
Website
Trainman   
Sun Aug 14 2011, 08:10pm

Member No: #86
C6Dave wrote ...

Shh, you may start pushing the used prices back up

Ignore him, better prices, when you sell
Rich   
Sun Aug 14 2011, 10:42pm
Member No: #542
Well, i guess they can't keep depreciating forever, otherwise we will be paying people to take them off us!
Ingolf   
Mon Aug 15 2011, 08:05am
Member No: #474
I had a friend visiting me yesterday, who`s deeply into some heavy German stuff made in Stuttgart. After a testride in his newly aquired 320, we switched for a ride in the C6. Even he had to admit there was nothing like it, and fell utterly in love with the car. I also have to say that his 320 was a rather nice car as well, though I wouldn`t have replaced my C6 with such a "common" thing.
ciao_chao   
Mon Aug 15 2011, 04:08pm
Member No: #518
It's very much a car that you need to get to know. I think every person cynic or otherwise has been stunned after driving in it.

I think I've even surprised myself today! She's gone in for some mental health problems so I've got a DS3 courtesy car, and only when you go back to a normal car you realise just how intolerably noisy and bumpy they are!
C6Dave   
Mon Aug 15 2011, 07:12pm

Member No: #1
Try going from a 1098 cc 59 Morris Minor convertible to a C6, it really does show how cars have changed (but the 'moggie' is still great fun and makes you drive in a far more 'defensive' way given the drum brakes with no power assistance, no power steering, wipers that cover a 1/3rd of the visible screen and move so slowlyyyyyyy along with a 'bowl of porridge' gearbox)

Oh and why did I ever think that seat belts were a bad thing, without them, you really do feel 'vulnerable'

Website
ciao_chao   
Mon Aug 15 2011, 09:12pm
Member No: #518
That's true! The Moggie is a whole world away!
verycleverman   
Mon Aug 15 2011, 10:20pm
Member No: #65
Don't forget the torsion bar suspension - I saw more than one sitting on the side of the road, down on one corner having snapped the torsion bar.
My first car was a Series IIA c.1954 that suffered catastophic front subframe failure and ended up at the scrapyard.

Pete.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club