C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Disconnect power supply

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Cactus   
Thu May 05 2011, 01:12pm
Member No: #373
Hi everyone, may I ask, how can I disconnect the battery and what procedure do I need to perform before/after I reconnected it? This is because I'm going away for 3 months and no one will be driving the C6 during that time. Are there any other thing(s) I need to do with the car before I go away?
pclark   
Fri May 06 2011, 08:08am
Member No: #3
The battery is in the nearside (left) rear wing, accessed through the flap inside the boot.

According to the handbook, before disconnection, open all 4 windows to avoid damage due to the 'window dropping' function not operating. I would also close the boot lid gently afterwards without latching it as the release switch is electric and you won't be able to open it with no power (particularly if you have the lounge pack and you can't fold the rear seats to open it manually from inside). It says that on re-connection switch on the 'ignition' and wait a minute for the electronic systems to re-initialise.

It also says that you may need to reset the electric windows and sunroof (if applicable).

You will have to reset the clock time and date and may have to reset your preferences on the computer and retune the radio stations.

If you have Navidrive you may have to reset this.

From my experience in my C5 which had a problem with the headlights switching on by themselves when parked I became used to disconnecting the battery if I was parking for more than a couple of hours.

I left the car without battery connected for up to 24 hours and there were no problems on re-connecting. I just had to reset the time and date. The computer preferences and radio station presets were maintained.
robin-hood   
Mon May 09 2011, 05:46am
Member No: #377
Or you can buy a Lexia diag tool and reinitalise all you systems easily after a battery diconnection (like windows), modify some options etc...without having to pay (a lot) to get citroen doing that every time !

Robin
Cactus   
Tue May 10 2011, 05:47pm
Member No: #373
Thanks all for the advices. Well Citroen dealer said I need to get new battery after I come back. It doesn't matter whether I disconnect the battery or not. They said the battery will die anyway after a few months. So I just ask my friend to use it for his daily work car while i'm gone.
C6Dave   
Thu May 19 2011, 08:36am

Member No: #1
Sorry for the late reply but just found the info in one of the downloads (click to enlarge):

Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club