C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Radio Aerial / Reception

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Extant   
Tue Dec 14 2010, 03:29pm
Member No: #317
It doesn't like it when the rear windscreen heater is turned on. Is it just me or does anyone else's car suffer from this?
C6Dave   
Tue Dec 14 2010, 04:09pm

Member No: #1
Never noticed any problems. Any particular station that's affected, is RDS turned on or off?
Website
Extant   
Tue Dec 14 2010, 04:20pm
Radios 1,2 & 4. I've not found the RDS thing yet so I have no idea on that one.
black_exclusive   
Tue Dec 14 2010, 07:46pm
Member No: #126
Extant wrote ...
Radios 1,2 & 4.

...don't listen to 4, but 1 and 2 all work fine on ours.
C6Dave   
Tue Dec 14 2010, 07:57pm

It may not be following the stations via RDS, have a read of this FAQ: - Click Here -

You may need to do the opposite and turn RDS On

However it may well be simply a poor transmitter signal in the hills of Monmouth
Website
bdeithrick   
Tue Dec 14 2010, 07:58pm
Member No: #70
my radio is fine with rear heater on.
BUT
i have a Xda for the taxi work and it runs on GPRS, this is in a suction holder on the windscreen on the drivers door side.
This drive me mad with the nannaaanannaaan noise from it through the speakers even when the radio is off.
this makes me think the antenna is up the front, cus when i remove it the noise stop when the Xda is on the centre console.
tonyrome   
Tue Dec 14 2010, 08:49pm
Member No: #15
Extant wrote ...
Is it just me or does anyone else's car suffer from this?

No problems with radio reception on any channel whilst using the heated rear window on mine.
Extant   
Wed Dec 15 2010, 06:15pm
C6Dave wrote ...

It may not be following the stations via RDS, have a read of this FAQ: - Click Here -

You may need to do the opposite and turn RDS On

However it may well be simply a poor transmitter signal in the hills of Monmouth

Thanks, I'll give that a go. If it doesn't work I'll consider moving to another area less hilly. Actually, the reception can be [%*^#@!] around here.
Extant   
Wed Dec 15 2010, 06:18pm
Mmmm. I see we have a profanity filter here.
verycleverman   
Wed Dec 15 2010, 09:55pm
Member No: #65
Extant wrote ...

But oddly enough, if you use the 'Quote' icon to reply it displays the original word in the reply box!

Oh, and welcome.

Pete.
C6Dave   
Wed Dec 15 2010, 10:34pm

verycleverman wrote ...

Extant wrote ...

But oddly enough, if you use the 'Quote' icon to reply it displays the original word in the reply box!

Yes but only the person that's quoting can see it, once posted publicly it's hidden which is what matters
Website
Extant   
Sat Dec 18 2010, 01:12pm
Radio is still playing up with the rear windscreen heater on and it looks like the heater isn't working. Problem now is that I can't figure out from the instructions how to access the boot fuse box to check if the fuse has blown. I feel my first trip to a Citroen dealer is imminent.
Extant   
Tue Jan 11 2011, 12:17pm
Right, with the bad weather and Christmas out of the way I've finally booked the car in for this to be looked at along with another fault that has shown itself - Navdrive shutting down and rebooting.

The warranty runs out in April and I'm keen to get as much checked as possible so another thing that I've asked them to look at is the suspension. Having changed from an Alfa GTV I'm not sure if the amount of pitch and roll is normal as the GTV had suspension as hard as nails.

Any suggestions as to what I should also get them to check before the warranty expires?
C6Dave   
Tue Jan 11 2011, 01:46pm

Extant wrote ...

......... Having changed from an Alfa GTV I'm not sure if the amount of pitch and roll is normal as the GTV had suspension as hard as nails.

Have a read of this thread: - Click Here -
Website
Extant   
Tue Jan 11 2011, 01:54pm
Thanks. So it possibly is the car then and not just being different from the Alfa

I must remember to ask them about any recalls that the car may have missed as well.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club