Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Grumpytvr   
Mon Dec 17 2012, 03:56pm
Member No: #742
C6Dave wrote ...

Impact Gun and Citroen Locking Bolts = BIG NO NO

Never use an impact gun on the locking bolts as the key will break as the 'rollers' that grip the bolt will become loose, drop out.

Always undo/tighten the locking bolts using hand tools only and the key should be fine for years.

In 10 years (4 different Citroen's)I have only ever had one fail, when a numpty didn't listen to me and used an impact gun.

Needless to say, he paid for the new key..............

I agree with what you say entirely. However the key was damaged when I got the car and the bolts weren't great either. - Probably because like you say, some numpty used the key with an air gun.

I would not normally advocate this method hence my comments "needs must". This was a last ditch attempt to remove the bolts and replace with new. If the key was damaged further it would have been replaced or the bolts would have been removed by another method (probably extractors). Fortunately for me it worked, others may not be so fortunate.

Either way the new ones went on with hand tools and were torqued up using a torque wrench.

I've had numerous cars with locking wheelnuts over the years and this is the first I've had any problems with. It's not something you'd expect when buying a car from a main dealer, unfortunately by the time I'd noticed the problem, I'd had the car for quite a while.
smihaialex   
Sat Jan 12 2013, 10:45pm
Member No: #1031
Phieeew, just frozen windscreen solution in the jets and blown fuse... Refilled the tank with -30 C liquid instead of the former -20 C, replaced the fuse and now they're working like a charm...

Thank you guys,
Sam
steenschalls   
Sat Jan 07 2017, 10:45am
Member No: #996
hello

This is an old thread, but I just wonder if the the headlight washer jets problem was solved? I have exactly the same problem, fault F998 with pump and fuse ok.

regards
Steen Jorgensen
Denmark
steenschalls   
Sun Jan 08 2017, 06:02pm
Member No: #996
Sorry friends, I did overlook the last page with the washer jet solution

regards
Steen
exXM   
Wed Jan 25 2017, 10:31pm
Member No: #432
Apparently headlamp washers are now part of MOT... so can't just consider them as non essential any more!
e3steve   
Thu Jan 26 2017, 10:03am
Member No: #1163
exXM wrote ...

Apparently headlamp washers are now part of MOT... so can't just consider them as non essential any more!
They've been a requirement more or less since the introduction of xenon headlights. The intensity of the discharge lamp, when projected through a dirty lens, is refracted and scattered and becomes laser like and, owing to the colour temperature -- around 6000K [degrees Kelvin] -- can cause a momentary 'blindness' akin to that experienced by argon-arc welders and known as "arc-eye" (bright spots in the line of vision).

High Intensity Discharge bulbs -- HIDs -- can only be legitimately (in UK) installed provided:

• The headlight ass'y is of the scaled reflector or projector (magnifying) type and has a clear lens
    The vehicle is factory-equipped with headlight self-levelling
    The vehicle is factory-equipped with a headlight lens cleaning system

HIDs are forbidden in any headlight ass'y with a Fresnel -- pron. "fray-nell" -- or refractory-type lens where said lens refracts or redirects the light beam's pattern. This type may only be retrofitted with LEDs that have a glare-guard which prevents direct, forward-emitting light (i.e. light is only emitted as a result of being reflected then refracted).

Info source: an acquaintance working for VOSA.
sotweedfactor   
Sat Jan 28 2017, 06:01pm
Member No: #2185
I've just noticed that one of the covers for the headlight washer jets is missing. After recent icy weather. I think that these covers (which blend in with the front bumper contours) are just clipped onto the front of the jet mechanism. When the jet pushes out, the cover moves out as well. I wonder if ice around the cover could cause it to detach in some conditions?
321dave   
Tue Jan 31 2017, 09:23am
Member No: #614
Hi sotweedfactor,
your correct about the attachment, maybe fractured and eventually broke away. I believe they can be bought for £25, but would need to be painted to match your car.

travlician   
Thu Feb 02 2017, 03:41am
Member No: #350
Any part number or site for this part? I've got one missing too.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club