Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

C6 Height Adjustable Suspension and Snow

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
tonyrome   
Fri Dec 10 2010, 10:26am
Member No: #15
C6Dave wrote ...
We still have snow here but the forecast is 8c+ by the weekend and as I have said in another thread, we tend to have reasonably mild winters, not the long spells of winter suffered in other areas/in Europe so winter tyres are on the back burner. I'll just drive to the prevailing conditions, or stay at home if it get's bad again.

Dave, we've been over this elsewhere! There will be enough wet and cold weather throughout October, November, December, January, February, March and probably April in the UK to see a significant benefit from winter tyres. The UK gets a lot more rain than Berlin, for example. The reason people in the UK don't buy winter tyres is ignorance of the benefits or the additional cost. That's fine, it's up to the individual, but don't pretend it's because the country is too warm and dry to need them!
pclark   
Fri Dec 10 2010, 11:31am
Member No: #3
Tony, of course I mean't I'd rather drive my C6 with winter tyres, rather than a 4x4 with low profile 'summer' tyres. A 4x4 (whether car or off-roader) with winter tyres will be better still as you said.
Obviously a proper 'off road' 4x4 with it's increased ground clearance will be better in deep snow than a 4wd car.
michaelb   
Fri Dec 10 2010, 03:20pm
Member No: #14
Winter v Summer Tyres - worth a watch, it's only two and half mins long.

I still remember with pleasure the fun of passing a stationary Porsche Cayenne with all four of its wheels spinning helplessly on a snowy hill near Chamonix. Presumably he was on summer tyres because my twenty-year-old 2WD banger on winter tyres just romped up the hill.
capt109   
Fri Dec 10 2010, 09:55pm
Member No: #47
I have changed the C6 for a Honda Legend 09, 3.5 V6 Petrol, 4WD. It has been very sure footed in the snow and ice. I am very impressed with the build quality
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club