Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

C6 3.0HDi

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ChrisHunter   
Fri Dec 03 2010, 07:03pm
Member No: #188
Which? magazine has had a quick look at the latest C6 3.0HDi Exclusive, and criticises it for letting road noise & small road imperfections through to passengers, and complains that throttle & brake inputs cause the nose of the car to pitch alarmingly ...

well, that was a big surprise to me !

... has anyone noticed such a thing ??

they say they will comment further when they've had a chance to test more fully ...

before this, they rated the C6 quite highly - very quiet & comfortable, safe, relaxing, etc.

C6Dave   
Fri Dec 03 2010, 07:20pm

Member No: #1
'Which' reviews over the years have always amazed me, this I feel, was sponsored by a 'competitor' so over to pclark who actually owns and runs a C6 3.0 HDi for a real user's input.
Website
michaelb   
Fri Dec 03 2010, 07:41pm
Member No: #14
If it's running Michelins it probably does let road noise in.
pclark   
Sat Dec 04 2010, 03:49pm
Member No: #3
I've never noticed the nose rising and dipping under acceleration and braking in the 14000 hard-driven miles I've done since getting the car at the beginning of June.

I didn't notice any undue road noise from the tyres either. I'm now running the car on Hankook W300 winter tyres which give a very slightly more 'lumpy' ride than the original Michelin Primacy HP.

I've never been a fan of 'Which', particularly when they are testing cars. It's fine to do comparative tests on washing machines or fridges but with cars there's much more of an emotional factor - certainly if one is a car enthusiast. If we all believed 'Which' we would be driving Toyotas or some anonymous Korean car.
ChrisHunter   
Sat Dec 04 2010, 06:24pm
Member No: #188
Which? always used to be ultra-conservative - anything new or different wasn't liked (eg: steering column stalks on the original GS, way back - the GS was one of the first, if not the first, to have them), and they were near to hopeless in working-out how such things worked or the thinking behind them.

Recently, though, they seemed to be have got better - and while they do seem these days to be fans of BMWs & Mercedes' & VWs, they were quite complimentary about the original C6. Must say I can't imagine why they should now find it pitches alarmingly - the CX converted such tendencies to heave, and I rather thought the C6 suspension geometry was much the same (?).

Certainly our C6 (2.7HDi Lignage) behaves quite like a CX, at least when I drive it, and is pretty good in this regard - and it's difficult to imagine they would have made changes that would upset poise & comfort ... very odd !!
tonyrome   
Sun Dec 05 2010, 03:23pm
Member No: #15
I haven't driven a 3.0HDi but I have to agree with the Which? comments re the 2.7. I flagged up the noise levels ages ago - road noise at all speeds with the 18s on and wind noise at high speeds on the Autobahns. As for the diving under braking (and the rolling in the corners), it was bad enough to make me spend £150 to get the suspension update done, in an attempt to firm things up.

pclark wrote ...
I've never been a fan of 'Which', particularly when they are testing cars. It's fine to do comparative tests on washing machines or fridges but with cars there's much more of an emotional factor

You can still test cars in the same way as anything else! So called 'emotional' factors cannot be tested but that's up to the individual to decide upon. However, it's obviously possible to test everything else. from quality of build, to materials, to equipment, to noise levels. so what makes you think the testing is not relevant? I suspect it's more to do with the result the tester gives. If it's positive, they're obiously a great tester, if it's negative, they don't know what they're talking about

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club