Actia lexia 2 and c6

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
frankieman   
Fri Jul 12 2013, 01:49pm
Member No: #978
Hi
I have recently purchased a actia lexia 2 genuine citroen dealer service tool and I cant get the unit to communicate with the car to modify any settings is there any one here that can offer any advise.thanks
cruiserphil   
Fri Jul 12 2013, 05:29pm

Member No: #38
Can you give a bit more detail? Maybe a photo of your connection set up?

Regards,

Phil C.
frankieman   
Sat Jul 13 2013, 03:16pm
Hi again Phil

This is the kit that I have.
Genuine Citroen dealer Lexia 2 diagnostic tool in good working order complete with 16 pin EOBD plug, 30 pin rectangular plug for older Citroen models plus another 16 pin interface which I believe may allow the tool to be used on later multiplex wired models (such as face-lifted C5's), instruction booklet and numerous software discs, also included are various other leads not shown in the photo's. The Lexia diagnostic tool itself consists of the removable tablet computer plus the base station which also houses the automatic harness tester and charger for the Lexia's internal battery.
Have used both of the above connections , it appears that the lexia is connecting but wont let me modify any settings, my main problem is that the overspeed warning that is relevant in the united Arab emirates is active and I want to turn it off , after all 76 mph on the motorway with the alarm sounding is getting annoying,
I should point out that I am a complete novice in this field , I bought the kit because I do not wish to be ripped off anymore from main dealers , any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Frank Eden

frenchie   
Wed Aug 14 2013, 07:19pm
Member No: #41
My Lexia 2

I took it to pieces when I bought it;
The hard drive was connected via an IDE2USB to my PC and I made a backup of the disk should it ever crash. I also made a complete defragmentation since all the years of updates had totally fragmented most of the file system.
The memory was maximized, as I can recall it had 8 MB ram installed but the industrial PC motherboard managed maximum 32 MB. Since the Lexia 2 runs on mini-XP there's a good deal of working against a disk-cache. Not so much any longer! ;0)

Finally I changed both fans, both bearing made a terrible humming noise. All quiet now.

For safety reason I really recommend doing this, what will you do otherwise if your hard-drive breaks down? Now I can buy any 2.5 inch IDE-drive and just restore the content... (I used R-Studio for the job)
frenchie   
Wed Aug 14 2013, 07:28pm
Member No: #41

C6Dave   
Thu Aug 15 2013, 06:03am

Member No: #1
Yours is a proper Lexia as used by dealers, most people will have bought Chinese 'clones' to run on their own laptops.
Website
Tjensen   
Thu Aug 15 2013, 08:01am
Member No: #954
Looking over the shoulder of my mechanic, I noticed that maybe there is a login/password procedure to allow for changes
gmerry   
Thu Aug 15 2013, 08:15am
Member No: #21
Proper Dealer softwares works over the internet so that all changes to the car are logged by the central computer/office and so that software updates are available.

For DIY operation, I believe a separate piece of software is required, an electronic dongle, aka keycode generator.

Regards
G
frankieman   
Fri Aug 16 2013, 11:40am
Thanks for all your help/advice guys,
however not being a techie I have decided to give the lexia to a young mechanic in the village to see if he can make it more responsive . if not I will sell it.

Thanks again.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club