C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Engine anti pollution system alam

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Rog   
Tue Aug 13 2013, 05:21pm
Hi all
I have had this appear today, wondered if there were any previous experiences of it

Thanks
Rog
C6Dave   
Tue Aug 13 2013, 06:25pm

Member No: #1
What exactly was the message?
Website
Rog   
Tue Aug 13 2013, 06:33pm
Pop up message is 'de pollution system faulty'.
Alert log reads 'engine anti pollution system faulty'
C6Dave   
Wed Aug 14 2013, 06:18am

Well that is simply a 'generic' message and could relate to lots of things so you need to read the error log with an OBII code reader (preferably 'Lexia') to try and narrow things down
Website
Rich   
Wed Aug 14 2013, 08:12am
Member No: #542
Had this 3 times with my ex's C4 and it turned out to be a faulty brake switch. They cleaned the diesel particulate system out the first two times that cleared the message but it always came back and the brake switch finally did the trick. Do you find your cruise control doesn't work now?
gmerry   
Wed Aug 14 2013, 10:26am
Member No: #21
Hi Rog, anecdotal swops across the internet will not help you solving this one.

Take Dave's advice and get proper diagnostics via Lexia or Diagbox (Citroen dealer) before deciding on where to start looking for faults.

Cheers
G
C6Dave   
Wed Aug 14 2013, 11:03am

Try and see if there is an 'Independent' near you: - Click Here -
Website
Rog   
Wed Aug 14 2013, 11:50am
Thanks all.

Interesting point re. cruise, I'll try it when out next.

I have an ex main dealer very close by with Lexia. I used them for my USB box to tell the system it was there etc. Mixed feelings, they were very friendly and quoted price for plugging in wasn't extortionate. After telling lexia it was installed, it failed to work properly [i]. They were quick to tell me the box was faulty, but on the plus side they didn't charge me anything, so I'll give them another go. [and tell them about unplugging the cd player at source!!]
gmerry   
Wed Aug 14 2013, 11:55am
Member No: #21
The cruise thing will more than likely be a red herring. Forget it and go with the science based approach.

Regards
Gerry
Rich   
Wed Aug 14 2013, 05:17pm
Member No: #542
I'm not so sure it will be a red herring! Just based on my experience, each time that message came up, the cruise control also failed. Once it was correctly diagnosed as the brake switch, the message disappeared and the cruise control worked fine. 3 times that happened...

But yes, get the Lexia to do the work for you as it will be more accurate!!
Rog   
Thu Aug 15 2013, 02:03pm
Well, here's an update. Started her up this morning, alarms still present. ran a few errands, [cruise control fine!] then went to garage. Chap initially popped out with a portable reader, but gave an unknown code. He drove it round the back to plug in, jumped out of car to make some space in workshop, i suddenly realised alarm had gone! Typical. Anyway, stored alarms were:
Temp fault
EGR electric valve position 2 [front]. Electrovalve blocked.

Permanent fault
Flowmeter signal 2 [front]. excessive flow detected

Temp fault
Air flowmeter signals. consistency between the 2 air flowmeters

Permanent fault
Brake switch signal. Switch not functional.

All alarms cleared, so will suck it and see for now.

Hats off again to the garage who once again didn't charge me, so i contributed to their biscuit fund!
Rog
Hattershaun   
Thu Aug 15 2013, 04:16pm
Member No: #320
When the EGR valve failed on my car I had stored ECU faults relating to airflow meter, the same as you.
That's not to say there aren't other reasons for the fault code to be shown.
Best of luck searching for a resolution.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club