Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

C6 2.7 HDidriving in 'selectronic'

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Mon Nov 22 2010, 02:32pm

Member No: #1
My car is in permanent auto but I was wondering if it would be more economical this weather to use the semi manual option.

So went to the post office and tried it out. What I found was that I could get into 4th at 25 mph, but at 35 I still couldn't change to 5th

It would, on the face of it, be better to use selectronic around town as in auto it seems to rev higher.

Any thoughts?
Website
tonyrome   
Mon Nov 22 2010, 02:45pm
Member No: #15
C6Dave wrote ...
Any thoughts?

Yes, I wish it would allow you to select the gear, rather than either refuse to use the selected gear or immediately after revert to the gear it thinks is suitable! Extremely annoying, especially in a car with so much torque. I was able to engage higher gears at lower speeds in my manual V6 petrol car.

You're right about the high revving in auto mode, though. I made this point on the forum way back when I purchased the car. The gearbox doesn't always seem to know when to change up and this must have an adverse effect on fuel consumption.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club