C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Steering angle sensor

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Robsharpe   
Wed Jun 20 2018, 10:25pm
Member No: #3570
Hi guys I new to this forum and also quite new to being a c6 owner. I have owned several c5 and xantia in the past and have always liked the c6

I have a 2007 2.7 linarge. When I got the car there was a problem with an air bag or pretensions indicated on the dash. Upon looking through the cars history I discovered that it had once had the steering collum replaced and also that the horn / cruise control buttons didn't work. So I did a little digging and found the ribbon wire behind the steering wheel was broken.

I bought a second hand unit including the stalks from eBay. And fitted it.

The airbag light was now solved but I had created lots more problems. Esp suspension rear spoiler faults. I've had a guy plug his snap on diagnostics thing into it and he said the comms unit is no good. I don't believe this and I think he didn't know what he was doing .

Is there anyone that knows what's being done wrong when he is trying to calibrate it. Or better still is there someone close by that has a real citroen diagnostic machine. I live in Colwyn bay north Wales

I have fell in love with my c6 and would really like to figure this out.

Thanks in advance rob
Jas16   
Thu Jun 21 2018, 07:35pm
Member No: #2994
my understanding is that any electrical unit added/changed has to be programmed in with the cars BSI unit via diagbox/lexia. normally each unit is coded to the specific car itself. i suspect this is all that is required to clear your electrical faults.
adrianvp   
Sun Mar 31 2019, 08:45am
Member No: #704
Hi All I have had a problem with the steering angle sensor on my C6 ever since I had the lower control arms replaced after hitting a large pothole which damaged the rubber bushes in both arms. Is there a document available which shows where the sensor is and what has to be done to fix it? (unfortunately I cant remember the diagnostic code my workshop got but it said something like no communication with steering angle sensor and /or incoherent value received
MGmike   
Sun Mar 31 2019, 03:48pm

Member No: #3151
adrianvp wrote ...

Is there a document available which shows where the sensor is and what has to be done to fix it? (unfortunately I cant remember the diagnostic code my workshop got but it said something like no communication with steering angle sensor and /or incoherent value received

they all report that error and the garage should know that! Ignore it and keep driving...
Tjensen   
Mon Apr 01 2019, 01:38pm
Member No: #954
The rear spoiler will often "repair" itself. Up in maintenance position, lubricate and check for rust and dirt. A little driving that actuates the unit can then reconfigure/reposition. Mine had problems when I bought the car and never since; a few times a year I lubricate.
Phoenix   
Mon Jun 17 2024, 07:10pm
Member No: #3891
A recent Diagbox scan reveled a fault, U1205, lack f communication with the steering wheel angle sensor. There is no check engine light, or any faults popping up on the info screen, the steering is normal and the headlights turn correctly. What is the reason of this fault, is it a faulty sensor or maybe some issue with Diagbox?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club