C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Leaking suspension feed hose

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
cruiserphil   
Sun Apr 17 2011, 06:57pm

Member No: #38
I've read with interest the various experiences with LDS leaks, thanks. I've noticed a leak below the hydraulic reservoir on our C6 that leaves a stain on the driver's side front wheel leading arch and on the underguard. I found it dfficult to identify the leak but now I think I've identified the pipe.

By looking at the parts diagram it appears to be the supension feed hose from the pump. It's a flexible hydraulic pipe with metal pipe ends. The top end metal pipe section is dry but the hydraulic hose section looks wet. I can't see any evidence of leaks or spillage above this area from another source. I intend to remove the wheel arch covers to get closer.

However, I've seen two other C6's in the meanwhile and noticed the dark shadow on the driver's side wheel arch. Anyone got any views?
Trainman   
Sun Apr 17 2011, 08:44pm

Member No: #86
Here you go, is explain here - Click Here -

gmerry   
Sun Apr 17 2011, 09:11pm
Member No: #21
Mine turned out to be a high pressure hose/ micropipe assembly. I'm calling it a micropipe because of the small outside diameter (at a guess about 4mm). So it wasn't the low pressure hose clip in this case.

Regards
G
cruiserphil   
Mon Apr 18 2011, 08:36am

Member No: #38
Thanks or the replies. I hope it's the return hose but when I've gone in I'll let you know how I get on.
Phil.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club