Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
e3steve   
Mon Jun 26 2017, 09:48am
Member No: #1163
ul9601 wrote ...

jamescarruthers wrote ...

Maybe ask these people for clarification though - Click Here -

These guys are a bit odd (one could say dodgy, if any fellow members from downunder has experience with them can confirm).
I asked if they have NZ maps for a Citroen C6 RT3 software version 6.62 - they said yes for AUD300 + 25 shipping to NZ from Aussie. I threw a few more questions per below (all reasonable I thought):

Hi,
just following up on this query, I'd like to seek some clarifications per below:
- You state "The latest NZ map update", is it an "update" or a complete new map set? I ask this as I currently do not have any map at all (I understand the map and navigation information are accessed directly from a CD-ROM, which is required to be in the CD-ROM reader whenever the satellite navigation is used.)
- What date was this current & latest NZ map update issued?
- How often do you have new map updates available?
- Does this product require firmware (or anything other than map, for that matter) update(s) for my current software status? If so, do you advise where and how necessary updates can be carried out in Auckland, NZ?
- You state that you do not accept any return, refund or exchange as soon as the item or software has been delivered. Can you confirm that you will still accept return, refund or exchange IF the product delivered is incorrect against the actual order placed?
- The following is additional vehicle details to confirm the product is applicable and suitable for my vehicle. It would be appreciated if you can double check.

Their response:
Please contact your local car dealer with all your technical and other questions

I'm going like WTH???

Mate, walk away! 1) Their response is like "Go screw yourself!", and 2) RT3 satnav is just s h i t e. Use your h/h device and Google Maps...
ul9601   
Mon Jun 26 2017, 06:43pm
Member No: #1975
Funny thing is, their first response was more like, "hey gizzus three hundred smackeroonies, we'll hook you up with the good stuff", then after a few questions, suddenly they lost interest...
Just out of curiosity, what's the C6 satnav like to use with the HUD direction arrow thing? I get the map part in the centre display but always wondered about the HUD side of the thing, whether it's just a gimmick or actually something useful...
eduardomaio   
Tue Jun 27 2017, 11:02pm
Member No: #869
It is useful on intersections and highway exits.

You have the arrows and a sort of distance counter at the bottom with some bars.

The cool part is that you don't need to take your eyes away from the road, probably the only reason why I still use the car satnav. Other than that, the RT3 sucks.
Website
ul9601   
Wed Jun 28 2017, 02:19am
Member No: #1975
Just an update re: Navigation Systems Australia.
Apparently they are a dodgy lot, per this.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club