C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 sunroof - wind deflector issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ul9601   
Sun Aug 28 2016, 07:05pm
Member No: #1975
Hmmm I don't think I'm quite out of the woods yet.
one side comes up a bit cocked up.
I might have to ask the members to take some measurements... height up the middle and at the side where the pivot arm is.
Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Sam
FraserG   
Sun Aug 28 2016, 11:35pm
Member No: #2011
Hi Sam

You can always come and compare with my sunroof as mine all works OK.

It would be a good excuse to check out your new car.

021 476 220, ddi 950 7642, home 445 4303.

Cheers Fraser
ul9601   
Mon Aug 29 2016, 07:08am
^ Yes we really should get together - hopefully Ken can come along too, see how petrol C6 compares...
I've finish reading the owner's manual (except for NaviDrive - but then apparently RT3 doesn't work in NZ so that's a bit pointless), now it's time to try out all those features!
FraserG   
Mon Aug 29 2016, 08:54pm
Hi Sam

My Satnav works fine although I don't use it.

My car has lots of features I ignore!

Fraser

ul9601   
Mon Aug 29 2016, 09:08pm
FraserG wrote ...

Hi Sam

My Satnav works fine although I don't use it.

My car has lots of features I ignore!

Fraser

I think yours being 2008 it has RT4?
I'm curious to know how well savnav works with the HUD (now don't tell me you don't use it!!!)
I feel that I have to try all these features at least once though, that's just me though.
I feel short changed that NZ C6's don't have lane departure warning system, even though I'd probably not likely to use much. And now I'm getting way ahead of myself and thinking of possibly retro-fitting one on my car .
Ken's ex-Japan one might have it operational...
ul9601   
Mon Aug 29 2016, 10:26pm
Turns out a foam pad, which is bonded to the underside of the forward corner of the sunroof opening has fallen off causing the wind deflector to sit higher up on that side. I'll have to glue that back on, hopefully that'll be the end of that...
FraserG   
Wed Aug 31 2016, 12:41am
Hi Sam

Yes you are right, I haven't tried the satnav apart from pressing the button and looking at the maps. I'm ashamed to say that I've never even tried to type in an address and see how it works with the HUD. I also haven't attempted voice commands or the blue tooth. Mine also has a Parrot system fitted which would work with an iPhone but I don't have one of those either!

Yes, it seems strange that they deleted the lane departure feature from the NZ new C6's. You would have thought the effort to delete would have negated the cost savings?

Cheers Fraser

PS glad you seem to have found the fix for your sunroof. That's another thing I don't use!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club