Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Damaged plastic panels on the underside (with pictures!)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Sevenman   
Tue Feb 16 2016, 09:59pm
Member No: #2241
e3steve wrote ...

Under thirty quid now, btw: - Click Here -

Not any more

I found the parts sections on this site and identified that I need a fair bit to replace the damaged or missing pieces. Seems a full front to back set.

Underbody Protection Parts 1, 5 and 6 (7013 EL, 7013 Y1, 7013 Y3)
http://c6owners.org/download.php?view.342

Front Bumper Part 11 (7416 89 or Q6)
http://c6owners.org/download.php?view.379

Plus any fixings, but that is a bit hard for me to tell.

At least I now know what the parts I need are, although for each there are sometimes a few variants. I am assuming 'left' and 'right' mean left hand drive and right hand drive, and I want the right.

A few of these appear on ebay, but I may ask Seller 1 for prices as well.

Front undertray 1

Front undertray 2

Side undertray - The one with the hole taken out of it

Thanks for the info so far.
e3steve   
Tue Feb 16 2016, 10:45pm
Member No: #1163
Crikey, there were two in stock at Nero Bart when I posted that link this morning!
e3steve   
Tue Feb 16 2016, 11:04pm
Member No: #1163
There's no difference between the cars' undersides between l/h/d & r/h/d; the 'left' and 'right' in the descriptions refers to the respective sides of the floorpan from the perspective of sitting in the car.

Your links:

- Click Here - looks expensive, even though it does have some of the fixings.

- Click Here - is more realistically priced.

Bear in mind that the three or four fixings which penetrate the leading edge of the main undertray and the overlapping trailing edge of the small front undertray part (missing on your car) have elongated shanks to allow for the double thickness.

I've still not found where to get these longer fixings; my local Yeoman's Citroën parts man can't find any reference to these!
Sevenman   
Wed Feb 17 2016, 05:31pm
e3steve wrote ...

There's no difference between the cars' undersides between l/h/d & r/h/d; the 'left' and 'right' in the descriptions refers to the respective sides of the floorpan from the perspective of sitting in the car.

Thanks for the info, that clarifies things. I had paid no interest to the drivers side of the car (and taken no photos) as there was no damage there.

I have spoken to Rigbyes - they can get all the parts, but they aren't cheap. I am back in touch with the Citropro now I have the parts diagrams and may end-up getting parts from both suppliers.

Fixings could be a challenge as there are some present and some missing. Without getting it up on a ramp again it will be hard to tell which I need. That may be a job for the end of the week if the local garage has space.

Other than that, it is running well. 500 miles so far this week and the new battery / starter motor combination is doing a fine job. I also spotted my first other C6, but not with time to give a friendly wave as we were both doing a fair pace as we passed.
Sevenman   
Mon Feb 22 2016, 03:10pm
e3steve wrote ...

- Click Here - looks expensive, even though it does have some of the fixings.

- Click Here - is more realistically priced.

Bear in mind that the three or four fixings which penetrate the leading edge of the main undertray and the overlapping trailing edge of the small front undertray part (missing on your car) have elongated shanks to allow for the double thickness.

I've still not found where to get these longer fixings; my local Yeoman's Citroën parts man can't find any reference to these!

I have ordered 3 of the 4 panels from Citropro in Bristol, that should come with fixings.

That just leaves this big panel - The C6 collective seems pretty sure that the C5 / 407 piece is compatible with the C6, and it has worked on gmerry's car. I am tempted by the one with fixings if that makes life easier when it comes to fitting.

gmerry wrote ...

I have the Neobart undertray and it works and fits OK but has no sound insulation - unlike the original. I added a thick sound absorbing stickyback mat and that seems to work.

What sort of insulation did you use? If there aren't pictures of an original panel then, depending on how it fits on the car and clearances, I could try sticking it where I can.

The insulation options below look like they could work. Seem to indicate they are ok with temperature, which should be moderate but not too high given the position.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silent-Coat-2mm-4-Sheets-Car-Van-Deadening-Vibration-Sound-Proofing-Damping-Mat-/161525970631?hash=item259bb2b6c7:g:xCYAAOSwiCRUkt-B

Thicker:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6Pcs-Glass-Fibre-Car-Engine-Bay-Bonnet-Insulation-Noise-Hood-Sound-Proofing-Heat-/272129429252?hash=item3f5c2d8f04:m:mwB948IbhjeUrGVgyVVIugQ

Alternative
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-VAN-HOME-STICKY-STICK-BACK-INSULATION-FOAM-FOIL-SOUND-PROOF-CAMPER-MOTOR-T5-/271630024363?hash=item3f3e693eab:g:xUgAAOxyM89ScbAg
gmerry   
Mon Feb 22 2016, 03:50pm
Member No: #21
Hi all, I'll post a photo of the stickyback insulation tomorrow, seems I've thrown away the receipt sorry about this.

One other thing. The Neobart tray is stiffer and tougher than the original. This is good except it works even worse with the flimsy trailing edge push-in fasteners. As a fix, I've drilled and tapped the subframe at the trailing edge for M8 fasteners (ss screws threaded in from above to make them captive - drill near the edge of the alloy so you get them in ). Then I use penny washers and nylocs. Much more secure, just as easy to fit.

Regards
G
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club