Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

noise from engine, anything to worry about?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
321dave   
Wed Feb 03 2016, 12:56am
Member No: #614
gmerry wrote ...

Re snapped off corroded fasteners, my pet hates are the ones for the mudguard liners - screwed into speednuts.

Regards
G

Hi 321Dave, which brand and part number for your new radiator (and supplier).

Also, are you planning on a step by step guide with photos (please).

thanks
G

Hi G,
I did take a few more photos, unfortunately probably not enough as I went about removing the old radiator, but I must try and see if I can put something coherent together.
The radiator was a Nissens radiator bought from the Mister-auto website for around €173 all in before Christmas if I remember correctly. It is exactly the same as the old radiator and fitted right back in place.

I also fitted a new expansion tank reservoir for the new coolant as well as new return pipes that go back to the radiator from that tank and to the little chamber on the metal section of coolant piping coming back from the EGR valve as they both broke off on removal from the end connections and had to be extracted by picking the broken plastic back out. They have little rubber o-rings at the tops to seal them with the top of the little chamber.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the broken pipe ends.
I wasn't to worried because I have gotten into the habit of buying pretty much everything that might need to be disturbed just in case it breaks, and so far it's been a really good idea because I'm breaking a lot as I go in and then replacing with new parts on the way out. Most of the little parts aren't to expensive as well.

321dave   
Wed Feb 03 2016, 01:07am
Member No: #614
NISSENS - Radiator, engine cooling
Part ref : 63619

€173 including delivery charges of €8.95

Citroen part ref : - CITROEN : 1330P7
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club