Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

Berlin - Düsseldorf - Brussels - Bath - Cornwall - London - Leeds - Norfolk - Berlin

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
tonyrome   
Thu Jul 29 2010, 06:48pm
Member No: #15
Packing up the C6 for my next decent trip, this time back to the UK and, initially, to the South West. It should be a decent run and I hope to get close to my recent 40mpg average, at least until I hit some of the smaller, hillier roads. These are the times when I'm glad I have the C6 rather than a smaller, less luxurious car .
black_exclusive   
Thu Jul 29 2010, 07:21pm
Member No: #126
Norfolk eh?

Look out for a black 2007 C6 then...
verycleverman   
Thu Jul 29 2010, 10:24pm
Member No: #65
Brussels, Leeds & Norfolk? How do you contain your excitement?

I spent a weekend in Brussels once, with a couple of friends. We arrived in the centre at about 8pm on a Saturday night and it was shut! Even the bars were closing.

My wife and I had a shopping expedition to Leeds and came back empty handed; and the least said about Norfolk the better.

Bath & Cornwall sound good though.

Pete.
tonyrome   
Fri Jul 30 2010, 08:33am
black_exclusive wrote ...
Norfolk eh? Look out for a black 2007 C6 then.

I've noticed there are a couple of forum members in the area, so I'll keep my eyes peeled!

verycleverman wrote ...
Brussels, Leeds & Norfolk? How do you contain your excitement?

To be fair, it's not actually Leeds city centre but nearby and purely on business. Brussels may not be clubbing heaven but each city has plenty of interest, in my experience, plus it's a convenient stopping point before the Tunnel (it was Bruges on my last two trips). Norfolk? Well, that's where I come from! Not exciting, I'll agree but I do like the solitude there and the pretty Norfolk & Suffolk villages.

verycleverman wrote ...
Bath & Cornwall sound good though.

That's the holiday part of the trip . I'm also stopping off at Royal Tunbridge Wells but there wasn't enough space in the subject line to add that
tonyrome   
Sat Aug 14 2010, 10:45pm
The first part of the journey has now been completed and the car is running perfectly. Fuel economy is still improving; I have just seen 41mpg from Cornwall to Heathrow, despite hilly roads in the SW - and no V-Power (or Snake Oil ) in the tank either!

1800 miles covered so far. Here are some economy figures:

Berlin - Düsseldorf 560km, 7.2l/100km

Düsseldorf - Brussels 201km, 7.0l/100km

Brussels - Royal Tunbridge Wells 133 miles, 38mpg

Royal Tunbridge Wells - Bath 150 miles, 39mpg

Launceston - Heathrow 230 miles, 41mpg

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club