C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 front parking sensor

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
citrohanc6   
Wed May 11 2011, 02:07pm
Member No: #329
Cleaning the remains of insects off the front side i erroneously pushed in the small parking sensor unit into its mount.

Guess they were replaced and not secured.

Do i have to remove the inner dust liner to get there, or can i take out the DTRL/Fog unit?

To prevent any damage to the beast, these sensors are crucial.

But due to the constant sonor warning signal at no use now. So can't wait.
TIA.
Winus
C6Dave   
Wed May 11 2011, 06:27pm

Member No: #1
Look at the 'stripping the front bumper' guide here: - Click Here - should give you some clue, if not then the removing the bumper guide is there as well.

I have never needed to look but to get access without removing the bumper probably means removing the front under protection but.............
Website
Trainman   
Wed May 11 2011, 06:40pm

Member No: #86
I think you can get access to them by removing the wheelarch liner, but to be honest, I didn't look when I had mine off the other week.
dcchurchill   
Thu Nov 28 2013, 03:54pm
Member No: #1502
Hi
Did you have any luck with getting access and sorting out your parking sensor? I have just bought a 2007 Lignage with exactly the same problem. Be good to know how you got on. (if you can remember)
magicands   
Tue Dec 03 2013, 03:45pm
Member No: #1021
You can get at the sensor by removing the fron DLR/Indicator housing.
Here is a link for removing the DLR: - Click Here -

Access to the sensor is limited but if it has just popped off the clips you will be lucky as I think you may have snapped it in which case a spot of glue will hold it in place.

Good luck.
Website
Tjensen   
Sat Jul 25 2015, 09:51am
Member No: #954
Small accident and a sensor was pushed in. Thanks to the information in this thread I could easily fix it with a dash of glue from inside, using the entrance behind the lamps. Found rusty screws and details inside as well and gave them a spray.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club