Replacement DLR's from England

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
magicands   
Tue Oct 01 2013, 04:52pm
Member No: #1021
Ok, lets try and put this baby to bed.
Here is the link for a correct PAIR of the latest and greatest CREE LED DLR's for your Citroen C6.
I spoke with the dealer who has assured me that these are the correct lamps and my pair arrived today.
These lamps are supplied from a company based in England and you get a pair (yes that's 2) for £15.29 delivered
See photos.

- Click Here -

Website
C6Dave   
Tue Oct 01 2013, 05:00pm

Member No: #1
The listing has ended...........
Website
magicands   
Tue Oct 01 2013, 08:00pm
Yes but they have others, just go to their eBay shop!!

Website
cruiserphil   
Wed Oct 02 2013, 08:40pm

Member No: #38
Which shop is that?

Phil C.
Ped   
Wed Oct 02 2013, 10:33pm
Member No: #82
- Click Here -
magicands   
Thu Oct 03 2013, 03:06pm
Hi all,
I have today put my new LED lamps into the lamp holders for my C6, I should point out that at only £16 each I also purchased the lamp housings from Citroen so that I was dealing with all new parts that were not yet on the vehicle.
It doesn't matter if I break a clip or 2 now removing the old lamp housings.
The front lens glass by the way is just shy of £65 so don't drop them when you remove the units.
As stated in other threads you have to remove the two tabs on the LEDs as they are in the wrong place, once done the lamps drop in and sit nicely. I used a Stanley blade to remove the tabs as it was clean and easy. I was going to put them on the car but its now raining so will do that another day.
As you can see by the photos the LED's protrude further than the OEM's by about half an inch. I had a visual look at the car and it seems that they will not interfere with the lens glass and should fit ok.
I will update this thread when I fit them to the vehicle.

Website
C6Dave   
Thu Oct 03 2013, 05:37pm

There is more than enough room for them with plenty of clearance. Those actually look better than the USA ones and should look less obtrusive when fitted so I have ordered a set as well.
Website
magicands   
Fri Oct 04 2013, 11:11am
Its nice to be of some use for once Dave, I just hope that they illuminate when I fit them now!
Website
C6Dave   
Sat Oct 05 2013, 01:05pm

Well, the good news is that they do fit, however the bad news is that for me, they don't illuminate and I tried them both ways around.

The ones from the USA, whilst costing more and not looking as pretty, work.

@magicands, before trying to separate the old units, plug the new fitting in and see if the LED lights up with the engine running, they should, as no other earth is required.

If they don't (mine wouldn't) don't bother trying to separate the lamp units as there is no point.
Website
speedfix   
Sat Oct 05 2013, 04:51pm
Member No: #1043
Mine both work ok, brillant thanks magicands, red to +, black to -,connecting the wrong way round may muck up the bulb leds.

C6Dave   
Sat Oct 05 2013, 05:08pm

Well there is no + or - on the bulbs that I received and none on the bulb holder either, so don't understand your post speedfix
Website
Trainman   
Sun Oct 06 2013, 08:44am

Member No: #86
Dave,

I've had a similar issue with LED's in the Xantia, one way they will work and one they won't....... and they appear to be exactly the same set up both way's round
speedfix   
Sun Oct 06 2013, 09:28am
Member No: #1043
Dave LEDs light emitting diodes can be damaged on improper polarity when the avalanche voltage aka zener volts is exceeded this is and undesirable side effect of the reverse conduction function.

The leds that we have here have [do look carefully] red + and black - wires.
Test and check car before fitting.

To test leds with no coloured wires use a adjustable DC supply with ampmeter in series, increase the volts till the current starts to increase to 10ma.
If it goes to the rated volts without the current going up or lighting then you have the wires reversed.
Don't put more than 10ma into the LED unless you know it can cope with it as it could heat damage the part.
C6Dave   
Sun Oct 06 2013, 04:17pm

speedfix wrote ...

The leds that we have here have [do look carefully] red + and black - wires.
Test and check car before fitting.

On the ones I received you can't see any wires or colour as they have a sealant on top
Website
magicands   
Mon Oct 07 2013, 11:30am
speedfix wrote ...

Mine both work ok, brillant thanks magicands, red to +, black to -,connecting the wrong way round may muck up the bulb leds.

Hi, not sure what you mean by Red/Black and plus/minus as my lamps have no colour coding or polling positions shown, nor do the lamp housings, can you clarify?
I can I think Vaguely see a red wire under the sealant so perhaps it would be easier if you could tell us if your lamps are fitted with + at the 12 o'clock position or - at the 12 o'clock position as you look at the lamp housing head on?
Website
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club