C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

2.2 HDI Lignage acquired

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
sotweedfactor   
Sun Jun 07 2015, 08:01am
Member No: #2185
Greetings from leafy Guildford, Surrey. I've owned about 40 other Citroens over the years, but this is the first C6. I've bought it 'for the summer' just to find out what all the fuss is about the C6 and partly as a nerdy completist, to say I've owned one. It's been a bit neglected over the years but all of the core C6 experience seems to be there. Initial experience is one of an adrenalin high - ecstasy at the way it drives and paranoia about what might go wrong with it! Definitely very reminiscent of the CX. Lots of odd little faultlets and broken bits here and there to be worked through. I need to have a good look through the forums - for which, many thanks, since there seems to be [%*^#@!] else out there to help maintain the vehicles. Eric Brough.

PercyPorcelain   
Sun Jun 07 2015, 07:43pm
Member No: #2027
Hi Eric congratulations on the purchase, I was similarly excited as soon as I drove my 2.2 Lignage. Although the 2.7 and 3.0 are more highly prized, I found 173bhp more than enough and the bigger ones were beyond my budget anyway (esp. the road tax). Mine has had a 'smart chip' inserted at some point (which may also have given it more poke). I found the steering particularly impressive, so light yet responsive, and better road-holding than my Saab (though that may just be the tyres). Anyway I'm in London so not far away...
Trainman   
Mon Jun 08 2015, 04:46am

Member No: #86
Having driven both the Auto and Manual 2.2, I have to say they are both quite capable daily drivers

Eric, Please don't hesitate to ask something if you're not sure, once of will be able to point you in the write direction...... Incidently I'm down in Surrey on Tuesday and Wednesday, some place called Chobham so you may well see a Blue C6 floating about.

If you fancy a run out before hand, a couple of us will be at the D Rally in Little Horwood, Bucks over the weekend
sotweedfactor   
Mon Jun 08 2015, 11:24am
Member No: #2185
I'm expecting to attend the DS Rally at Little Horwood next Sunday. I'll be in the C6. Registration is MNZ3449. I wonder if anyone else has previous knowledge of this car? Eric
Trainman   
Mon Jun 08 2015, 02:06pm

Member No: #86
PM'd

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club