Citroen C6 Suspension Analyser Android / iPhone app

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
jekkeri   
Sun Feb 08 2015, 11:27pm
Member No: #1905
speedfix wrote ...

"Unfortunately, this is mainly dreaming. There is no fixing anything outside what Lexia and Diagbox do"

jekkeri , sorry I'm in total disagreement on that statement.

Many suspension problems can diagnosed and repairs carried out without the use of lexia etc.

You have stated problems with your c6 that are staring at you to fix.
Go put your car on a track day at speeds in excess of 100mph to confirm the active suspension is working.

Your other faults described can be delt with without to much of a problem.
I to had a bump/rebound prob on my C6 2.2. after purchase but was told from Citroen nothing wrong, finally got round to checking the ride hieghts f/r, re adjusted the front link to a lower position, just under a mm and made all the difference.
As for your side to side motion I would first check your shock spheres on a shock machine.

The centre hydraulic block sticking you will know when that happens ie solid fixed position etc.

Out of intrest what sort of mileage has the car done and have you changed the LDS fluid at all.

I wish you all the luck with your app idea if you do proceed with it , it will of course be above my head on the workings!

When all is well with the car IMO the car is a total winner.

Thank you for your comment. First of all, it seems I wrote that "Fixing" statement sloppily - it was answer to previous comment from qmerry:"Perhaps a better way of monitoring the suspension would be to fix the AMVAR damping at a fixed rate" - my comment of "no fixing with Lexia/Diagbox" is targeted at that setting AMVAR damping to fixed rate, not repairing! Sorry about that sloppiness in my writing. As my later text shows, I state that most of the "complex" problems are indeed impossible to fully diagnose with Lexia/Diagbox, and that is one motivation to that mobile app!

Secondly, it seems I have been inaccurate in my opening - I do not mean that my car is experiencing these problems! Actually having driven 10+ C6's and owned 2, I think my current 2010 HDI 3.0 (46.000 km's = 30.000 miles) is now in pretty good nick regarding suspension. On this car I just had to change the rear center hydraulic block and set the ride heights correct (myself to be sure!), from there on suspension lovely. Diagnosing rear center block was not easy, btw - all the suspension tests showed pass, the block only "stuck" to hard when driving, and only from the left side (so no hope to diagnose it's "fixed" stuck position...")! Without Citroen technical note I would have suspected this to be impossible, but it was, and changing the block changed the ride.

However, with my previous 2007 C6 (v6 gasoline exclusive) I experienced all the problems stated during my 60.000 km's with it. And I must state that diagnosis is a bitch, really. Even knowing what I know now, I am not confident that I can say right of the bat what is wrong with some C6 ride - however I can say if the ride is OK or not.

Out of all hydraulic citroen models I owned (ID, 2 x DS, D Super, SM, 7 x CX, BX 4X4 GTI, 2 x other BX, 3 x XM, 3 x C5, Xantia V6 Activa) C6 is the harders top diagnose, even with Lexia's and Diagbox's help. Well, the Activa V6 is close, but problems are different...

So as summary: I believe I know how a "good" C6 suspension should feel, have quite a bit of hobby-experience repairing and diagnosing them, and at least I think they are difficult to diagnose. All the more difficult to owners who don't have long experience and technical knowledge.

Suggestion on track day with "100mph drive to make sure active suspension is working" I leave uncommented as courtesy...

The challenge here is not the app, I know it can be done. The issue is to find suitable test track configuration that almost everyone of us can construct it without too much trouble, and without tons of extra cash.
jekkeri   
Sun Feb 08 2015, 11:30pm
Member No: #1905
Jodyone wrote ...

jekkeri- I won't comment on the technical feasibility, as I'm simply not qualified to..! If it could exist, I'd love it. However, even if technically possible, is it even a remotely sound business proposition? C6 is a rare car, and the average age of owners is -ahem- probably approaching the "bewilderment" category regarding smartphones..! How many people would realistically buy this app that you might develop for two platforms?

Using Unity3D, I'd practically make the development once and get Android and iPhone version out of it without much extra work.

Anyway, moneywise, there is no point to do it - I think maximum of 100 owners would purchase it - maybe 10 in practice. Maybe more over time if it really works to the extend that it helps diagnosing a lot. I would be doing it mainly for "the common interest", because I like these cars and would like to see other people enjoying them too.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club