C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

New owner - and spoiler query

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
PercyPorcelain   
Mon Jan 26 2015, 09:07am
Member No: #2027
I was always going to end up with one of these babies, having in the past owned a Citroen DS (Pallas) and an XM (2.0 petrol). And although it’s taken a few years for the C6 to drop to my budget, I have to say it was worth the wait. Truly the finest spaceship Citroen has ever built, even in its modest 2.2HDi variant which is positively economical with its 40+ mpg and road tax that doesn’t have me wanting to kill the Chancellor every year.
One small query: short of asking a mate to tail me down the motorway at 70-plus, how do I check the spoiler is rising correctly? Also can it be lifted for cleaning without using force?
C6Dave   
Mon Jan 26 2015, 09:44am

Member No: #1
The 2.2 has a fixed spoiler moulded into the boot lid so if you have one, don't try to lift it!!

The 2.7 and 3.0 have a speed activated spoiler which rises partially at circa 40 mph then fully at 78 mph retracting again at circa 68 mph

You can see it through the rear view mirror when it's up.

To clean, turn the ignition off and press the wiper stalk down within 60 seconds so that the wipers 'park' and the spoiler rises.

The spoiler will go back down at 6 mph.
Website
gmerry   
Mon Jan 26 2015, 10:12am
Member No: #21
As Dave says, your 2.2 has a fixed spoiler....
Trainman   
Mon Jan 26 2015, 11:50am

Member No: #86
It should look like this one......

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club