Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Fuel additive tank refilling 3.0 HDi vs. 2.7 HDi ?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gbl   
Sat Dec 27 2014, 11:00pm
Member No: #936
The downloadable pdf instructions for DPF additive refill provided here on the site states that it covers the 3.0 HDi engine. So I assume there must be different instructions for the 2.7 HDi.

Can anyone provide these?

Thanks and happy holidays!
C6Dave   
Sun Dec 28 2014, 08:53am

Member No: #1
It's available online now: - Click Here -
Website
jon_viola   
Thu Feb 05 2015, 10:02pm
Member No: #1829
Can anyone help me with re filling the fluid on my 3,0 HDI?

Where is it located?
Hattershaun   
Fri Feb 06 2015, 08:12am
Member No: #320
Whilst I've not refilled the additive tank on my 3.0HDi, I have had a good look at the car when it's been on a ramp.
The fuel additive tank is located underneath, right next to the main fuel tank, which is effectively under the rear seats, by the NSR wheel.
You can see all the parts in Citroen Service, which give you an indication of their layout.
Once in the parts area of the website I selected C6, 3.0HDi engine, then looking in the 'mechanical' area I selected Engine, Air & Fuel Supply, Fuel Tank Fuel Gauge.
It shows as part no. 9 on the diagram 'PEF Additive Reservoir'.
Hopefully, you be familiar with Citroen Service (http://service.citroen.com), if not it's well worth signing upto (there’s no cost to do this).

C6Dave   
Fri Feb 06 2015, 08:53am

Member No: #1
@Shaun, whilst there may be no cost in getting 'parts' diagrams, there is for the Technical Repair Guides which we have on site: - Click Here - in particular this one for the D20C engine - Click Here -

@jon_viola you will need access to Lexia/Diagbox to reset the additive ECU after refilling the fluid container. Your's should be fairly simple as it will be a 'pouch' not a refillable tank.

More information on additives: - Click Here -

Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club