Boot Lid Hydraulic Support Struts

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
magicands   
Sun Nov 02 2014, 02:15pm
Member No: #1021
wrote ...

Arrived to-day, they did not disappoint, steel ends and a larger unit than the oem ones, quality product IMO.

Looking good, yes, the Citroen are also steel ends but have a nylon shroud.
Glad they fit ok
Website
gbl   
Sun Nov 02 2014, 03:33pm
Member No: #936
e3steve wrote ...

gbl wrote ...

e3steve wrote ...

The gas rams are on eBay - Click Here - and they make a helluva difference. I now grab the closing handle and pull gently; the lid closes very nicely.

Hi e3steve
Did you actually buy the boot lid struts from that ebay seller in Latvia? Price is very attractive, but the OEM number 792520 quoted on the ebay listing indicates that these are struts for the hood....???

Aaaaaarrrgghhh!! I posted the wrong link! Sorry guys...

- Click Here -

Original post now edited..

If you right-click on the link above (in gbl's quote) and choose "inspect element" the link returns a path that definitely states but suffixed with a different number. I remain mystified... Further apologies to blackhatphil for his abortive purchase

It's probably because the ebay seller in Latvia changed the listing late this week after I contacted them and pointed out their error. After some e-mailing back and forth they understood that they had erroneously been listing hood struts as being boot lid struts.

They now have one listing for hood struts and another listing for boot lid struts, both matching the actual Citroën part numbers in the item descriptions.

I have just ordered a set of boot lid struts. I'll keep you posted on what actually arrives in the mail...
gbl   
Sat Nov 08 2014, 10:37am
Member No: #936
Update:
The boot lid struts (ebay item 131335096070) from Lativa arrived. These are MagnetiMarelli brand and indeed for the boot lid. A 5-minute job to replace, and they are working great.
magicands   
Wed Nov 12 2014, 02:57pm
Member No: #1021
gbl wrote ...

Update:
The boot lid struts (ebay item 131335096070) from Lativa arrived. These are MagnetiMarelli brand and indeed for the boot lid. A 5-minute job to replace, and they are working great.

Nice to know, thanks for the heads up (no pun intended)
Website
FreakyFrenchFan   
Tue Aug 02 2016, 11:33am
Member No: #2057
Which way up do the struts go? With the boot lid in its upright position do the strut cylinders go at the top nearest the lid or the bottom nearest the base of the rear screen?
Mehtdosa11   
Sat Jun 18 2022, 06:43am
Member No: #4342
Just a quick reply to this thread. I have today ordered two struts from this company SGS. £22.79 each, £51.51 inc. shipping.
So 9 years later you can still get them, happy days!

- Click Here -

MGmike   
Sat Jun 18 2022, 04:54pm
Member No: #3151
Hmm good luck with those and let us know if they fit!
One of the boys in Scotland ordered a set but the ends were too small and therefore didn't fit.
Was going to order some for myself but decided against it.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club