Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

C6 A/C re gassed

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
black_exclusive   
Sun Jun 27 2010, 11:33am
Member No: #126
Due to this very hot weather (27+ degrees) we got the A/C gassed.

The worrying thing was that there was NO gas left in it and had to be tested for any leaks. Thankfully there weren't any so it's Ice Cold now..you need good A/C with a black with black leather car!
Trainman   
Sun Jun 27 2010, 11:54am

Member No: #86
black_exclusive wrote ...
you need good A/C with a black with black leather car!

Tell me about it, I got in the car the other day, forgetting it was leather, I was soon out AGAIN !!
C6Dave   
Sun Jun 27 2010, 01:22pm

Member No: #1
That's why I was happy with the Lignages part leather.

Air Con systems really should be re gassed every 2 years to maintain maximum efficiency and pipework pinholes are not uncommon on Citroen/Peugeot I'm afraid so if it stops working again in a short period it will need testing properly.
Website
black_exclusive   
Sun Jun 27 2010, 04:25pm
C6Dave wrote ...

Air Con systems really should be re gassed every 2 years to maintain maximum efficiency and pipework pinholes are not uncommon on Citroen/Peugeot I'm afraid so if it stops working again in a short period it will need testing properly.

Will bear that in mind thanks.

I was quite surprised that it had zero gas in it though, as it did come from Citroen and not a private buyer. Surely Citroen would keep on top of that sort of stuff and you definitely notice when it's not cold?
tonyrome   
Sun Jun 27 2010, 05:03pm
Member No: #15
C6Dave wrote ...

Just need air conditioned leather, that's all .
michaelb   
Sun Jun 27 2010, 10:46pm
Member No: #14
black_exclusive wrote ...

I was quite surprised that it had zero gas in it though, as it did come from Citroen and not a private buyer. Surely Citroen would keep on top of that sort of stuff and you definitely notice when it's not cold?

Well they managed to forget to service mine, failed to see the two bald tyres and the two 50 pence piece tyres. So not checking the air-con wouldn't surprise me
black_exclusive   
Mon Jun 28 2010, 05:33am
michaelb wrote ...

Well they managed to forget to service mine, failed to see the two bald tyres and the two 50 pence piece tyres. So not checking the air-con wouldn't surprise me

Well that could possibly explain that then!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club