Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

Flat Battery: Emergency Access

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Sun Dec 13 2009, 07:25pm
Member No: #21
Does anyone know what the arrangements are for emergency access to the car, in case of flat battery (no power to and risk of glass breakage). Is it possible to enter the boot without the central locking?
C6Dave   
Sun Dec 13 2009, 07:46pm

Member No: #1
You can enter the door with the key and open the bonnet

They you can connect a charger, jump battery at the front, near side
Website
michaelb   
Sun Dec 13 2009, 08:08pm
Member No: #14
Having had a few flat batteries over the years it was one of the first questions I asked when I bought the car.

I was told the doors will open with the windows fully raised - you just need to pull hard enough. They will open but can't be shut or you'll break the glass. Once inside the cabin you can pop the bonnet and use the jump points up front as Dave says.
gmerry   
Mon Dec 14 2009, 11:35pm
Member No: #21
Thanks for replies. Good to know that in emergency doors can be opened without lowering the glass, BUT do not close until battery is sorted and windows operational. The battery is mounted in the boot for the 2.7 Diesel? Is there a dedicated jump start connection under the bonnet?

Thanks
C6Dave   
Mon Dec 14 2009, 11:48pm

Member No: #1
Lift the bonnet and take a look down in the engine bay at the nearside front (your right standing in front of the car)

It's fairly hard to miss
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club