C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

New IRL owner 2.7HDi

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
drummond   
Thu Sep 25 2014, 05:37pm
Member No: #238
Cheaper to get a 2,7 engine s/h there, and have it swapped?
Rooster   
Fri Sep 26 2014, 01:26pm
Member No: #1799
jmcgowan, my brother runs an international removal company, with regular runs between Lancashire, via France, to southern Spain. He may be able to help out with a backload which may be more affordable.

If its of interest let me know and I will pass on your details.
jmcgowan   
Fri Sep 26 2014, 05:36pm
Member No: #1864
Thanks Drummond. I would have to find another engine or possibly easier to find another another car and break it. Then I would have to find someone to do it as I doubt the Citroen garage will do that. All of that is not so easy when you are not on the ground. I presume also engine the same for LHD car? Might still be easier to do all of that here or in the UK.

Thanks Rooster. I might ask your brother for a price alright. I take it that would involve putting it in the back of a big lorry?

Thanks again
C6Dave   
Fri Sep 26 2014, 06:00pm

Member No: #1
jmcgowan wrote ...

I presume also engine the same for LHD car? Might still be easier to do all of that here or in the UK.

Exactly the same, all that's different is the dashboard and the pedal conversion from left to right.
Website
Rooster   
Fri Sep 26 2014, 08:01pm
Hi JM,

Yes, he has containerised storage trailers both here and in Spain, so the car would need to be loaded onto a trailer. He has moved plenty of cars to and from Spain so you would be on good hands.
jmcgowan   
Thu Oct 02 2014, 11:20am
Member No: #1864
Thanks Rooster. That would be fine. I have gotten a price for citroen in dublin to do the work for a third less than the garage in france so bringing the car back may be the most viable option. What details do you need to get a price
Rooster   
Thu Oct 02 2014, 07:18pm
Hi,

I would need the collection address and the delivery address, and obviously a contact number for you and I will get my brother to make contact directly with you.

I could ask him for an estimated cost before that if you like and then at least you would know the rough price before entering dialogue.

Let me have the above information and I will pass it on.
patcrean406   
Tue Aug 25 2015, 11:54pm
Member No: #1894
Jim did you ever get this axe sorted after? It sounds like horror story?
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club