C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

XX mph a pheasant and pushed out parking sensor

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
mark28   
Mon Mar 31 2014, 04:37pm
Member No: #102
I hit this poor creature on the m40 today, i now have a parking sensor that has been pushed out of its holder. i can see it but i cannot get hold of it. Is it a bumper off job
C6Dave   
Mon Mar 31 2014, 06:20pm

Member No: #1
Depends which one...

If you pull the trim off the indicator/DLR unit, then pop that lamp unit out, you may be able to reach in and push the sensor back.

If not you may get in by dropping the engine undertray, which will need unclipping anyway if you end up removing the bumper
Website
magicands   
Thu Apr 03 2014, 10:24am
Member No: #1021
C6Dave wrote ...

Depends which one...

If you pull the trim off the indicator/DLR unit, then pop that lamp unit out, you may be able to reach in and push the sensor back.

If not you may get in by dropping the engine undertray, which will need unclipping anyway if you end up removing the bumper

Dave is spot on, remove the DLR and you can get access to the sensor, it may well have broken clips though as they don't like being shoved backwards.
Website
e3steve   
Sun Apr 06 2014, 10:29am
Member No: #1163
A thoughtless driver with a tow-hitch backed into mine yesterday in a Waitrose carpark and pushed in one of the sensors next to the number plate! I got her number as she drove off; I didn't notice the damage until I started up and the front park-assist kept sounding. If there's any other damage then I'll report it, but if it just snaps back into place then all's well, I guess.

It's still in its aperture; just pushed a bit askew.

My undertray is not in place at present, as I'm in the throes of recurring engine and 'box oil changing, so I'll take a look later.
mark28   
Sun Apr 06 2014, 08:05pm
Member No: #102
I had to glue mine the mount was lost
e3steve   
Sun Apr 06 2014, 08:15pm
Member No: #1163
Well, I put the suspension on its highest position this afternoon and, aided by a v-e-r-y l-o-o-o-o-n-g flat-blade screwdriver, managed to pop it back into place with no real trouble at all.

I do need to remove the front bumper again soon in order to carry out a little cleanup job where I spilled some LDS, so I'll check the holder fully; but, for now, all's well again.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club