Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Fitting new set of spheres: how much should it cost?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
simonpj   
Sun Apr 06 2014, 10:59am
Member No: #1631
I've had my 2007 2.7 HDI Lignage for a couple of weeks now. I'm completely smitten - keep finding excuses to slip out for a drive, and have polished and waxed it twice.

I've read about 'pitching' suspension, and my car does seem to be pitching and rolling a fair amount at speeds up to about 25mph. It's only done 39,000 miles, but I guess the spheres may not be at their best after 7 years?

So I'm thinking about having all the spheres replaced, so I can enjoy the suspension at its best - probably at B L Autos.

How much is that likely to cost? Any reason to use a Citroen dealer rather than an independent (suspension software updates?) ?

Thanks,

Simon
Hattershaun   
Sun Apr 06 2014, 03:06pm
Member No: #320
Simon, B.L.Autos have a sphere pressure tester, so in theory you could have your spheres tested then only replace as necessary.
Genuine spheres have dropped in price, IIRC to approx £90 each.
Pattern parts are approx £50 each.

It's well worth investing in a small charge for their time to test your spheres, as a start point before deciding what to do next
simonpj   
Sun Apr 06 2014, 04:25pm
OK. Thanks. That's good to know. B.L.Autos definitely sound like the place to go.

Is it a big job to change all the spheres? Do you have an idea of what the labour cost for that should be? Just trying to get a sense of whether this is a no-brainer decision, or one that needs more weighing up.
Hattershaun   
Sun Apr 06 2014, 10:12pm
Member No: #320
Whilst it's not really my place to comment on behalf of B.L.Autos I'd have thought a couple of hours should see the job done.
simonpj   
Mon Apr 07 2014, 05:10am
Thanks. I just wanted a rough idea of how big a job it is. That helps.

Cheers,

Simon

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club