Suspension DEAD !!!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
verycleverman   
Thu Mar 20 2014, 06:38am
Member No: #65
dsharples wrote ...

Without clear faults, the Citroen Warranty won't pay out... so I will have to see how we progress...

I concur; I've just had lay out £70 to get the Air Con re-gassed on a car I bought 4 months and 3500 miles ago. When I take it back next week they will look for leaks, if they find any I get my money back. My argument is; if they don't find any, it was empty when I bought it!

Pete.
kmaetz   
Wed May 28 2014, 06:04am
Member No: #1551
Big thanks for helping tips here. After leaving my car in max height for more than 2 hours while cleaning, the fuse was gone and I was quite scared. After studying it here I made it in 20 minutes even without disconnecting battery or any connector in the fuse box. Once more THANKS!
c6fan   
Sat Jan 30 2016, 03:56pm
Member No: #265
Hi everyone i am experiencing suspension issues myself.Before christmas my cars suspension pump stopped working so following the steps given on here i swapped out the motor only in situe for a known working one and i can now here the motor working but it still won't raise the car does it now need plugging in to reset itself or will it self bleed thanks for any help or advice
c6fan   
Sat Jan 30 2016, 05:19pm
Panic averted all is good car just needed a good stern talking to!
Trainman   
Sat Jan 30 2016, 05:59pm

Member No: #86
Sounds about right Mark.......
c6fan   
Sat Jan 30 2016, 11:37pm
We have come to a new arrangement i promised i would use it more if it stopped braking it told me to sod off, i accepted its terms.
M2dis   
Tue Mar 20 2018, 05:10pm
Member No: #3475
Bumping this old thread.
My pump is not dead, but has some issues. On a longer drive I got an "Suspension faulty" error. Haven't seen it afterwards, but currently it takes 15-20 minutes with idle motor for the pump to kick in(sounds OK) and raise the car to normal height(after this works and drives like a charm, until the next day). Car itself starts fine when the car haven't been driven in 2-3 days. Can it be the battery or should I suspect something worse?
joopajaa   
Sat Mar 24 2018, 07:08am
Member No: #3261
gmerry wrote ...

Hi Dave, that was indeed the post.

To summarise from esteve's post, the motor not the pump was dead.

To separate the motor from the pump, remove front bumper to gain access.

It is possible to installa a new motor without messing with the hydraulics.

The motor from a C5 is compatible (Series II C5????)

A motor is a lot cheaper than a motor/pump unit.

Regards
G

This is true - you can use actually the whole motor+pump from older C5 and just swap the controls (the black box on top) for the hydraulics from you original pump assy. Just swapped 2001 pump to 2008 X7 C5 with this method. Only drawback was the outer return line on the older pump. I just added "intake" to the upper corner of the oil tank (where it is originally on older C5's). For real "plug and play" fix you may can use the oil tank from old C5 - not sure but visually it seems pretty same size and shape.

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club