Help please - clear fluid puddle offside front

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Ped   
Thu Oct 24 2013, 04:15pm
Member No: #82
Hi chaps

It seems like it was a pipe clip that went - it's been replaced and it's holding good pressure now. I think he said it was an antifreeze pipe. Will confirm tomorrow.

Headlight bulb needs replacing, along with the unit to drive the light (forget the name).

All in all, quite happy. Picking up tomorrow....

Cheers
drummond   
Thu Oct 24 2013, 05:43pm
Member No: #238
Chris, if you're at Forge tomorrow my Light 15 is at the back having the wiring done.

T
Ped   
Thu Oct 24 2013, 09:02pm
Great, I'll take some pictures if you don't mind! I'll certainly have a look, at least!
Ped   
Mon Nov 04 2013, 03:14pm
drummond wrote ...

Chris, if you're at Forge tomorrow my Light 15 is at the back having the wiring done.

T

Here she is!

Light 15 by chiscocks, on Flickr
C6Dave   
Mon Nov 04 2013, 03:50pm

Member No: #1
drummond wrote ...

T

I've just converted mine to 12v Tim using an alternator kit from TOC spares
Website
e3steve   
Sat Nov 09 2013, 01:43pm
Member No: #1163
Ped wrote ...

drummond wrote ...

T

Here she is!

Light 15 by chiscocks, on Flickr

Lovely!!
drummond   
Tue Nov 12 2013, 08:44am
During the summer, we went from Marcillat to Hambye, 500 km, all off the motorway. In the roadster, top down. Took about 9 hours driving. We thought that we'd stop halfway, but when it came to it a comfortable bed beckoned.

We totalled about 2000km in one week. Nothing to report- no breakdowns, nothing.
C6Dave   
Tue Nov 12 2013, 01:36pm

drummond wrote ...

During the summer, we went from Marcillat to Hambye, 500 km, all off the motorway. In the roadster, top down. Took about 9 hours driving. We thought that we'd stop halfway, but when it came to it a comfortable bed beckoned.

We totalled about 2000km in one week. Nothing to report- no breakdowns, nothing.

Good, solid, no nonsense engineering Tim
Website
smihaialex   
Tue Nov 12 2013, 01:58pm
Member No: #1031
Wow! Amazing. but here's the question - would you ever use it as an everyday car? If not, why?

Thanks,
Sam
drummond   
Wed Nov 13 2013, 08:23am
No, I would not use it as an everyday car! There are one or two reasons for this....the steering is really heavy, although a friend has power steering on his Roadster, which makes it a doddle; there is no interior heating, (although I have an aftermarket heater ín my other Traction), and despite the mirrors I can't see out with the hood up.

It's a very good car for 1939, in fact it's extraordinary, but I have the C6 now!

There is a chap, Mick Popka, who uses his Roadster every day- I think that he lives near yóu, Dave?

Tim
C6Dave   
Wed Nov 13 2013, 10:18am

drummond wrote ...

There is a chap, Mick Popka, who uses his Roadster every day- I think that he lives near yóu, Dave?

Well close enough compared to French distances as it's 100 miles away in York

Oh and I can confirm that the Tractions factory heating system is pointless......
Website
Ped   
Fri Feb 28 2014, 10:37am
Right. Interesting development.

It's not made the noise for the last few days, coincidentally the washer fluid tank is almost empty.

I wonder if the two are connected? I'll leave it a few days and monitor - if it's still quiet I'll top up the washer fluid and see if that brings the noise back.

I generally use diluted wash in the tank with some Rain-X in there too.

If I've solved the mystery I'll be both pleased with myself but annoyed that I've spent hundreds chasing it to no avail.

If it's a coincidence I'll be even more annoyed!
C6Dave   
Fri Feb 28 2014, 11:05am

Offside front is where the washer bottle is. It could be the pump that's noisy but the leak could also be the headlight wash pipe split. Pump pressure is all that lifts them and they can freeze and split.
Website
Ped   
Fri Feb 28 2014, 01:51pm
Yeah it would explain why it's only happening after the car has been left standing for a period of time. The jets all operate fine as far as I can tell although the leak must be tiny so it probably wouldn't make much of a difference to the operation of the washers.

Well fingers crossed it's this, much better than having a hydro leak or similar.

I wonder if there's a screen wash with a colour so I can confirm the drips by matching the colour.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club